2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't respond to him, hes the same one that makes statements on publuc discussion forums then says i dont want Q and A, i just want to add to the discussion forum without any discussion on what ive posted.

Don't waste your time indulging these flogs, honestly. They have a narrative that Frankston are a shit club and can't consider the possibility that we're actually going in the right direction. Not worth the time to try and convince them otherwise.
The irony is the amount of star power these powerhouse standalone are on the back of buying out lower sand alone players stars..

Look at Willy at the moment.. Por just done a crap job of it last couple of years

Also for what it's worth, Frankston announced six re-signings tonight:

Trent Mynott
Taine Barlow
Tyson Milne
Joe Lloyd
Tomoya Owens
Noah Gown

Considering the current season hasn't even ended yet, I'm not going to complain.
Ive heard there is some fleeting curiosity on Angus Grant, Matt Johnson and Ryan Quirk so bodes well for the Dolphins

Don't respond to him, hes the same one that makes statements on publuc discussion forums then says i dont want Q and A, i just want to add to the discussion forum without any discussion on what ive posted.
Least I’m not stupid enough to put my name and photo of myself on a public forum!

No need to respond

Last edited:
seriously what an atrocious comment. pull your head in

Obviously someone who is engaged in the VFL, knowing the history of a struggling club like Frankston surely you're privilege would respect the commitment Trent and Taine are showing the Dolphins would be more appreciated by opposition supporters
Pull your head in don't go the poor us syndrome sooky la la im just stating strange club is making significant announcements now when their performance 2024 is the hype and not early next year to drive hype and excitement for season 2025. No need to run off on some “them vs Us” tangent and sook up. I’m just making an observation goose

Last edited:
Don't waste your time indulging these flogs, honestly. They have a narrative that Frankston are a shit club and can't consider the possibility that we're actually going in the right direction. Not worth the time to try and convince them otherwise.
You serious ya flog, where have I a stated Frankston is a shit club, your the one driving you own narrative..

Ill try dumb it down:

“Great Frankston has announced significant signings especially the captain for 2025
Strange timing to announce before end of a great 2024 campaign as they could have released early 2025 to drive hype during the preseason to get new members on board”

Is that clearer?

Last edited:
yeah, see now how much of a twat old mate is

In actual game news. Geelong have completely folded against 19th place Carlton. 3 goals to 10 after half time. Potentially a top 4 spot up for grabs
Just had a glance at the ladder. It's basically a three-way race between Box Hill, Geelong, and Southport. If Box Hill don't beat Werribee next week, then both Geelong and Southport are a very good chance of taking their spot.

In actual game news. Geelong have completely folded against 19th place Carlton. 3 goals to 10 after half time. Potentially a top 4 spot up for grabs
Yeah, awful. Carlton have got a few back since Geelong beat them by 106 early in the season but now they need to beat Sandringham at Sandringham for a top 4 spot, I think

Yeah, awful. Carlton have got a few back since Geelong beat them by 106 early in the season but now they need to beat Sandringham at Sandringham for a top 4 spot, I think
Suns could’ve been in the race. Not that I expected us to be. Given Geelong’s draw.

Playing with only 22 not for the first time this year. Might’ve cost us the game (especially after the Gray concussion). But Essendon had 200 shots they were finally going to kick some in the last quarter

Only 2 games on the Saturday really sucked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Least I’m not stupid enough to put my name and photo of myself on a public forum!

No need to respond
I dont do that but its personal choice, nothing wrong with being transparent if that's what people chose to do.

Frankston have been trailing by 7 points or less for a majority of the game. Hard to see us pulling ahead but happy to see us keep pace with them.

I'm a little concerned to see GWS are hanging in there. If they're able to beat Brisbane then suddenly our finals spot is on the line.

GWS lose by 50 points.

It's official. Frankston are playing finals.
You love to see it. It’s obviously been said heaps but it should provide that extra bit of hope for Coburg and Preston going forward that it’s possible to still do well even with all the obstacles standalones face these days.

You love to see it. It’s obviously been said heaps but it should provide that extra bit of hope for Coburg and Preston going forward that it’s possible to still do well even with all the obstacles standalones face these days.
Considering we still had pokies the last time we played finals, I imagine this is the first time in a long time that a non-pokies standalone has made it.

a quick search of best players named according to PlayHQ would see Willimastown Seagull, Luke Parks named JJ Liston Medalist with Frankston Dolphin Seb Quirk second and Northenr Bullant Jean Luc-Velisaris third. Favorite for the actual award Dom Brew would be 4th.
Means nothing. Umps do comp b&f votes, coaches name best players to be posted online.
six players per side get named in the best, 3 players poll votes for the game across both sides

Saw the last quarter of the battle of the bell. Have Preston lost all their supporters? Seemed like they were heavily outnumbered by Coburg fans.
Coburg probrably took most of when they went stand alone 10 years ago while Preston were too busy been used by Carlton trading as the Northern Blues while wearing a red jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back