List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top WA draft prospect Bo Allan stepped back from playing senior WAFL into the Colts team this week and was given a chance to show what he can do. His power was simply too much to handle, and his direct attacking approach regularly set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Top WA draft prospect Bo Allan stepped back from playing senior WAFL into the Colts team this week and was given a chance to show what he can do. His power was simply too much to handle, and his direct attacking approach regularly set up his teammates for scoring opportunities.

Yeah, I liked the look of Allen when he was getting games for the Peel Seniors. Looked like a classier / more composed Clay Hall from the same time last year. Doubt we pick him up as not really what our list needs but I think he'll be a nice pick for someone

Yeah, I liked the look of Allen when he was getting games for the Peel Seniors. Looked like a classier / more composed Clay Hall from the same time last year. Doubt we pick him up as not really what our list needs but I think he'll be a nice pick for someone
Similar size and frame, but he has a lot more power and attacking intent than Clay. Better overhead. Not as natural at stoppage though at this stage.

Similar size and frame, but he has a lot more power and attacking intent than Clay. Better overhead. Not as natural at stoppage though at this stage.
Yeah I'd agree with that, I didnt see much of Clay at Colts but he had pretty good intent at Seniors. Allan seems miles better overhead and there looks like a lot more growth potential with Allan to me (as well as flexibility where Hall is going to have to make it as an inside mid and not really much else).

Would bank on WC taking a run with their 2nd to be honest, assuming that doesnt go for Busslinger. Would be nice off the wing or flank for them

Malaki Champion is a must.
Skilled finisher, we need some magic.

I actually think there are some big question marks about his skills - he doesn't have great distance and is pretty inconsistent with both goal kicking and field kicking; a lot of his shots fade to one side or the other. The kicking action looks okay though. It is hard to tell but I am also concerned about his speed; whilst he is definitely agile and has a good footy brain I don't think he has real zip - at senior AFL level he will get found out a bit.

Below is footage (thanks noobermensch) of Joe Berry, a small forward who has real pace. Again I have question marks over the kicking but recruiters are going to like his second efforts and he is a player who can fly by people when the ball comes to ground.

I actually think there are some big question marks about his skills - he doesn't have great distance and is pretty inconsistent with both goal kicking and field kicking; a lot of his shots fade to one side or the other. The kicking action looks okay though. It is hard to tell but I am also concerned about his speed; whilst he is definitely agile and has a good footy brain I don't think he has real zip - at senior AFL level he will get found out a bit.

Below is footage (thanks noobermensch) of Joe Berry, a small forward who has real pace. Again I have question marks over the kicking but recruiters are going to like his second efforts and he is a player who can fly by people when the ball comes to ground.

Is it the depth of Berry’s kicking that is the issue? Because the rest looked very tidy, and his is very quick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it the depth of Berry’s kicking that is the issue? Because the rest looked very tidy, and his is very quick

His kicking depth is not a massive issue, more it is just inconsistency with accuracy.

Package all our firsts to get Josh Smiley or whatever his name is, kid is a taller version of petracca

I don't think all of our firsts is going to get pick 1 or 2, which is where most are talking about him going.

This guy is exactly who we need

Kako is for mine clearly the best small forward in the draft this year - whilst there are question marks as to whether he is worth a first round or whether he is firmly a second round chance, I think one of our late 1st round picks (Port Adelaide Pick) is likely to be an appropriate pick for him. My only concerns that he does miss a lot of shots for a supposed sharpshooter, and maybe he front-runs a bit too much (but his tackles stay tackled). I think Berry is faster than him, but Kako has better forward craft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back