Think Tank 2025 Gather Round - Hotels go kaching!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So yesterday the AFL announced Gather aRound would be 10th to 13th of April.

Looking at hotel prices, they have magically more than doubled overnight.

Adelaide, you can GAGF.
Of course this never ever happens come finals time when interstate sides have to book flights and accommodation to Melbourne does it?

What a hypocrite.

Of course this never ever happens come finals time when interstate sides have to book flights and accommodation to Melbourne does it?

What a hypocrite.
Wow, what an extreme reply, are you ok?

What a hypocrite.

David Koch is the new Minister for Tourism for SA. Are you telling me you support Kochie and the Port Villian's plans for Souf Australia fleecing footy fans nationwide, even though Port can't even pay their own bills and still owe millions to the SANFL and AFL ???? #concerning

David Koch is the new Minister for Tourism for SA. Are you telling me you support Kochie and the Port Villian's plans for Souf Australia fleecing footy fans nationwide, even though Port can't even pay their own bills and still owe millions to the SANFL and AFL ???? #concerning
I think Kochie is behind these prices. He doesnt want to have to pick up and put down the tarps for the one week of Gather Rd.

David Koch is the new Minister for Tourism for SA. Are you telling me you support Kochie and the Port Villian's plans for Souf Australia fleecing footy fans nationwide, even though Port can't even pay their own bills and still owe millions to the SANFL and AFL ???? #concerning[/HAS

Please show me where I said I supported the price gouging? I said nothing of the sort.

Do you support the Melbourne hotels putting up their prices exorbitantly during finals time & fleecing those from interstate that come to Melbourne see their club play?

This gouging is nothing new - the OP basically stated however that it only happens with Gather round which is patently not true & thus is a hypocritical view.

It happens every finals time and it affects every footy supporter (from whichever state they are from) if they have to travel interstate to watch their side in a final.

Please show me where I said I supported the price gouging? I said nothing of the sort.

Do you support the Melbourne hotels putting up their prices exorbitantly during finals time & fleecing those from interstate that come to Melbourne see their club play?

This gouging is nothing new - the OP basically stated however that it only happens with Gather round which is patently not true & thus is a hypocritical view.

It happens every finals time and it affects every footy supporter (from whichever state they are from) if they have to travel interstate to watch their side in a final.

Of course not, it's a disgrace (although I don't mind snobby Tennis fans getting gouged when the Aus Open happens, most of them are snotty boomers who could easily afford it)

But this is the Bay, and as such shouldn't be taken so seriously:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not, it's a disgrace (although I don't mind snobby Tennis fans getting gouged when the Aus Open happens, most of them are snotty boomers who could easily afford it)

But this is the Bay, and as such shouldn't be taken so seriously:)
tbh tho tennis fans deserve it

So yesterday the AFL announced Gather aRound would be 10th to 13th of April.

Looking at hotel prices, they have magically more than doubled overnight.

Adelaide, you can GAGF.
Why bother with a hotel?
Just get Chief to lend you the Big Footy helicopter.
I'm willing to contribute a massive 75% of my wage to help make it happen in what some would say is a selfless and generous act of kindness.

You can thank me with beer.
Don't let zackah drive the helicopter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back