2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Well they will have to start in D4,bringing Berwick and Beaconsfield in not sure the clubs especially in the higher divisions would allow that to happen again.

The whole 50 club goal is a mirage anyway, it won’t last, Glen Waverley folded, Forest Hill and Nunawading possibly not too long for this world when you look at how they’re going.

The bigger picture is clubs plundering each other isn’t going to work, all of Nunawading is going to Norwood, all of Glen Waverley went to Oakleigh District, Ferntree Gully players go to Mitcham or somewhere else, it’s just a merry go round and clubs will go under without enough players. It needs to start with increased junior participation, then the senior clubs can come later, just adding more clubs from within the EFNL area means nothing as others will just fall over.

Well I know that a premier division Outer East club has approached the EFNL about moving over and going to division 2 in 2026 and it has been ticked off by EFNL. So big chance that will happen also.

Kyle Martin to Springvale districts. Good luck to anyone beating that midfield next year.

Good pick up for Berwick with Jordy Andrews returning to the club. Was at Dromana the last few seasons with team of the year honours this year. Were also hoping to get back former captain and gun Bryce Rutherford but he has gone to Langwarrin.

Can anyone tell me why all these Ferntree Gully eagles players are all of a sudden jumping ship ? 2 captains in 2 years . Didn’t they finish second last year ?
They did finish 2nd and play off in the grand final in 2023 but positions 2-5 on the ladder were quite even. But Donvale were much better than the rest that year, there was no Surrey Park equivalent.

I think its a bit situational. Looks like Flannery moved houses far away so him not playing at FTG probably didn't have much to do with the club.

But also when there is a coaching change players often reassess their own football and where they want to play. There is clearly a lot of change happening at FTG right now with coach, captain and president leaving or stepping aside.

They did finish 2nd and play off in the grand final in 2023 but positions 2-5 on the ladder were quite even. But Donvale were much better than the rest that year, there was no Surrey Park equivalent.

I think its a bit situational. Looks like Flannery moved houses far away so him not playing at FTG probably didn't have much to do with the club.

But also when there is a coaching change players often reassess their own football and where they want to play. There is clearly a lot of change happening at FTG right now with coach, captain and president leaving or stepping aside.
I just had a Quick Look wow .

Ferntree Gully in 2023 13 wins , 4 losses with a % of 140.90! Four games clear of silvan in third with a % of 97.66.

It still blows my mind. How do you play off in a grand final.. Have the captain I believe it was Luke Mccomb walk out .
Along with Grey Salvador
McAleese Deliso & Dulieu. Few high profile names mentioned. Sounds like this walk out generated from something or someone from season 2023 . Doesn’t all add up.

I did hear the president stepped down after some sort of fight with a past player this year at a function ? Could just be rumours .

Garrity sounds like a great inclusion . Hopefully can steer the ship back on track in the not too distant future.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back