2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Aarts has signed at Beaconsfield. He was shopping himself around with a 40k price tag on his head. Maybe went there for a little less since it is his junior club.

End of an Era. Most players leaving are end of their careers. Noble are a very well run club, good junior program, won't be long till their up the top again

Their juniors aren’t strong. They would be in one of the lowest participation footy areas in Melbourne. It will be a huge battle, they are not set up for this era which is strong juniors, player points system and salary cap. They have always just bought players, picking off the best players from the SFNL, the MPFNL and a few VFL players.

In their 2022 flag I’m pretty sure it was only the Marstens and Kyle Martin who were Noble juniors. So maybe three players.

If they’re to maintain their historic levels then their only option will be to spend big, whether they’re willing to do a Doncaster East and ignore the salary cap, or not, remains to be seen. Or they take the Vermont route and poach juniors.

End of an Era. Most players leaving are end of their careers. Noble are a very well run club, good junior program, won't be long till their up the top again
I thought it might have been bad blood because it’s going to be a massive drop losing all that experience unless they get in the best talent

Noble Park 19s tend to make the finals most years. They go alright, juniors are not the issue that some others face.

No bad blood at all. This has been coming for a while. It may take a few seasons but they are so well run it won’t be long before they make their mark again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noble Park 19s tend to make the finals most years. They go alright, juniors are not the issue that some others face.

No bad blood at all. This has been coming for a while. It may take a few seasons but they are so well run it won’t be long before they make their mark again.
Their juniors aren’t strong. They would be in one of the lowest participation footy areas in Melbourne. It will be a huge battle, they are not set up for this era which is strong juniors, player points system and salary cap. They have always just bought players, picking off the best players from the SFNL, the MPFNL and a few VFL players.

In their 2022 flag I’m pretty sure it was only the Marstens and Kyle Martin who were Noble juniors. So maybe three players.

If they’re to maintain their historic levels then their only option will be to spend big, whether they’re willing to do a Doncaster East and ignore the salary cap, or not, remains to be seen. Or they take the Vermont route and poach juniors.

Its not nobles fault the greater dandenong area is full of immigrants, similar to glen waverley which has a huge indian population now, cricket is taking off, GWH (not only because of this) have folded, more will eventually merge or fold due to lack of numbers.

Noble will be back, i do tend to agree their u19s arent bad, who knows what could happen there, depends how much cash they are willing to spend or save over the next few years with a younger group

D.E should just let him go, spent quite a few years there and helped them win a flag and get into Prem. They have no grounds to not release him unless he owes them money or has club equipment he hasn't returned.

If he’s signed a declaration (contract) for 2025 then they can refuse a clearance. Their post says he has.

1729573452009.png

Depending on circumstances, they may just let him go… or, they may say we’ve got 6 months til round 1 and we’ll back ourselves to get him back on board.

I highly doubt he or any gun player would just sit out the year.

With such a valuable player, you wouldn’t be happy to see him go… will be interesting.

If he’s signed a declaration (contract) for 2025 then they can refuse a clearance. Their post says he has.

View attachment 2149622

Depending on circumstances, they may just let him go… or, they may say we’ve got 6 months til round 1 and we’ll back ourselves to get him back on board.

I highly doubt he or any gun player would just sit out the year.

With such a valuable player, you wouldn’t be happy to see him go… will be interesting.
Is it true they can refuse a clearance 3 times, then it goes to AFL Victoria and then basically they will clear him? Especially if the contract was signed a fair way before the next season so it isn't ****ing D.E over too much?

Is it true they can refuse a clearance 3 times, then it goes to AFL Victoria and then basically they will clear him? Especially if the contract was signed a fair way before the next season so it isn't ****ing D.E over too much?

Nope. If he’s signed a contract for a season then he’s locked in. The only way out of it is to appeal that the club has not fulfilled the contract (ie they have not paid the player, etc). Which you can’t really do before the season as they won’t have needed to pay him yet.

Perhaps DE just announced it and he hadn’t actually signed.

Or maybe he did sign, then changed his mind and they’re happy to let him go.

Either way, very strange one when your talking about the captain and best player.

I just noted in the article there was a line that he “previously was announced as staying at Doncaster East”.

Its not nobles fault the greater dandenong area is full of immigrants, similar to glen waverley which has a huge indian population now, cricket is taking off, GWH (not only because of this) have folded, more will eventually merge or fold due to lack of numbers.

Noble will be back, i do tend to agree their u19s arent bad, who knows what could happen there, depends how much cash they are willing to spend or save over the next few years with a younger group

Think noble will recruit heavily with one or two former afl players including 1 who yesterday retired from afl.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back