Under Age 2026 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He can play absolutely anywhere. I personally like him as a tall mid in the Will Day sort of mould but he's very capable behind play intercepting or playing CHF taking contested marks for a skinny kid.
Thanks. Got a feeling we might be in the sweepstakes 🤪

th younger/smaller of the Noahs (Rafter I think) is not up to it. Classic QLD schoolboys selection by virtue of having his regional coach as the state coach. Rumney and Levi are very good players, mystery how they were cut from Lions. Never heard of the other kids yuou mention or seen anything to notice them.
Absolutely awful call

Noah Rafter
MVP of the carnival
All Australian
Captained his state

The kid is a jet.

Levi is the turnover king & hasn’t grown since he was 12

Mate you don’t have much of an idea do you 🤣🤣

Really? Always nice to see someone burst onto the chat with no previous posts until today. As I said said, steady on son or steady on old boy....it's just a footy chat forum

To be fair he did join in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely awful call

Noah Rafter
MVP of the carnival
All Australian
Captained his state

The kid is a jet.

Levi is the turnover king & hasn’t grown since he was 12

Mate you don’t have much of an idea do you 🤣🤣

Actually, to be fair - I think his 2024 form was excellent. So I definitely got that one wrong.

I still think he (and a few others) were very fortunate in 2023, but as is often the case in kids this age, you get one opportunity, confidence builds, suddenly you work harder, train harder and buy in and the form might follow the selection 12 months later.

Other, nominally more talented or better players might miss selection for something, then go into 'woe is me' mode and their form and training efforts might drop off and its a self fulfilling process.

Rafter, to his credit, has taken his game to a new level in 2024. I'd be interested to see how he travels in the club competition finals - as there would be a few points to prove in the unlucky ones from opposition clubs.

Actually, to be fair - I think his 2024 form was excellent. So I definitely got that one wrong.

I still think he (and a few others) were very fortunate in 2023, but as is often the case in kids this age, you get one opportunity, confidence builds, suddenly you work harder, train harder and buy in and the form might follow the selection 12 months later.

Other, nominally more talented or better players might miss selection for something, then go into 'woe is me' mode and their form and training efforts might drop off and its a self fulfilling process.

Rafter, to his credit, has taken his game to a new level in 2024. I'd be interested to see how he travels in the club competition finals - as there would be a few points to prove in the unlucky ones from opposition clubs.
Credit to you for acknowledging you may have got that one wrong.

I’ve found with Rafter it’s the stuff he does off the ball that sets him apart from others - The blocks, the bumps, the shepherding & tackling… almost like what Josh Dunkley does at the highest level…. And coaches at the academy & state level quite rightly love that stuff!!…Add to that he’s a smart decision maker, nice kick and good onfield voice, I think he’s got a bright future in the game.

West Australia 2026 draft Players in Colts/PSA 2024 Round 20 Update
1-Lucas Robinson (SF/PSA)
2-Leo Steed (SD/PSA)

3-Kye Ormerod (EF)
4-Garrison Kenh
(EP)
5-Koby LeCras (WP/PSA)

6-Jai Debono (SD)
7-Lachlan McGlade (EP/PSA)
8-Thatcher Simmons (S/PSA/Inj)
9-Joshua Nathan (EF/PSA)
10-Damien Newry (CL)
11-Elijah Dennis (CL/PSA)
12-Jayden Clarke (P/PSA)

13-Antonio Crupi (S)
14-James Barnard (EP)
15-Tazzi Faithfull (PT)
16-Jake Cornelius (EF)
17-Harper Banfield (CL/PSA)
18-Heath Wilson (SF)
19-Luca Boczar (WP)

20-Sam Hookham (SF)
21-James Whelan (PT)

22-Harrison Gilford (S)
23-Elijah Nathan (SF)
24-Mitchell Stirling (PT)
25-Sam Hill (WP)

26-Dylan Connelly (EF)
27-Drew Clarke (PT)
28-Harvey Spawton-Guy (WP)
29-Riley Hay (S)

30-Tom Brown (CL/PSA)
31-McKenna Pringle (PT)
32-Benji Van Rooyen (CL)
33-Corbin Boylson (S/PSA)
34-Riley Singleton (EF/Inj)
35-George Gale (CL/PSA)
36-Tyrell Pickett (S)
37-Cooper McMeikan (EF)

38-Cooper Trovarello (CL)
39-Matthew Edgelow (P)

40-Adam Schmechtig (S)
41-Cooper Dudfield (SD)

42-Max Bradbury (WP)
43-Saul McCann (PT)
44-Noah Blakeney (CL)

45-Jayke Cooper (PT)
46-Austin Lekias (PT)

47-Alastair Kelly (P)
48-Jackson Muir (CL)
49-Lorenze Cole (SD)

50-Oliver Williams (SD/PSA)

Others to Watch: Raphael Stack (EP), Levi Morgan (S), Coen Tuck (PT), Thomas Bell (EP), Connor Lally (S), Nate Scott (EF), Ryan Hall (SD), Jack McAullife (SF)

Votes
2026 Leaderboard M V Ave G
Leo Steed*** (SD) 3 10 3.33 -
Lucas Robinson*** (SF) 2 6 3.00 1
Jai Debono*** (SD) 5 11 2.20 -
Elijah Nathan*** (SF) 1 2 2.00 1
Kye Ormerod*** (EF) 6 7 1.16 3
James Barnard*** (EP) 2 1 0.50 -
Luca Boczar*** (WP) 3 - ---- 2
Jake Cornelius*** (EF) 3 - ---- 1
Dylan Connelly*** (EF) 3 - ---- -
Damien Newry*** (CL) 2 - ---- 1