Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like a really good kid off the field. Sounds like Milesy helped get him across which is great.

Looking forward to him pummeling some opposition

Glad to see that the club has taken steps to get this type of player. Townsend mentioned that there were a few clubs knocking but his preference was the Tiges. If he becomes the bull we need then it makes the Treloar situation much easier to deal with. Would still love a genuine doozy though. Is it too much to expect that Cellis turns into a doozy this year?

Glad to see that the club has taken steps to get this type of player. Townsend mentioned that there were a few clubs knocking but his preference was the Tiges. If he becomes the bull we need then it makes the Treloar situation much easier to deal with. Would still love a genuine doozy though. Is it too much to expect that Cellis turns into a doozy this year?
I don't know how we got him for pick 70 if GWS had a contract in front of him and there were other clubs interested too. He must have done a Yarran and said "I'll only go to the tigers", which just makes me like him more.

I don't know how we got him for pick 70 if GWS had a contract in front of him and there were other clubs interested too. He must have done a Yarran and said "I'll only go to the tigers", which just makes me like him more.
I know that GWS were happy to oblige him with getting to another club. Leon Cameron was probably happy to see him go to the Tiges... whenever I hear him on SEN you can tell he still loves the Tiges...

Also I think we helped them with getting a good price for Treloar, we would have paid through the nose but Collingwood matched our offer. Maybe their way of saying thanks for the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back