Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

What I mean is that a guy that can play that intimidating medium forward role to a high standard would really help those teams - cause they don't have that player. It's the role, not that he'll get better. Hope that makes sense.

We don’t have that type player anymore now either

We don’t have that type player anymore now either

True. But what we have is JR, Tom Lynch, Josh Caddy and Dustin Martin. Then the 3 amigos. The spot is lost because of how many quality forwards we have. I guess the logic is then why keep him to fill role we don't need anymore?.

Tiger Townsend could become a Giant ... again
Anthony Colangelo

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-townsend-could-become-a-giant-again-20181101-p50dcx.html

Jacob Townsend's former club the Greater Western Sydney Giants are considering re-recruiting the 2017 Richmond premiership player.

The Age understands Townsend underwent a medical at the Giants on Wednesday, with the forward also being courted by Greater Western Sydney's cross-town rivals the Sydney Swans.

4a969bb63a01c3efdbf989f167f17c9ee802a8c4

Jacob Townsend.CREDIT:EDDIE JIM

While the Swans move is still a possibility, there has been a push from within the Giants playing group for the club to bring the medium-sized forward back to the expansion club.

Townsend was delisted by the Tigers but they have committed to giving him a spot on the rookie list should he fail to find a new home.

The 25-year-old can be signed by any club as a delisted free agent. The Swans are also considering signing unwanted Geelong forward Daniel Menzel.

More here: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-townsend-could-become-a-giant-again-20181101-p50dcx.html

Tiger Townsend could become a Giant ... again
Anthony Colangelo

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-townsend-could-become-a-giant-again-20181101-p50dcx.html

Jacob Townsend's former club the Greater Western Sydney Giants are considering re-recruiting the 2017 Richmond premiership player.

The Age understands Townsend underwent a medical at the Giants on Wednesday, with the forward also being courted by Greater Western Sydney's cross-town rivals the Sydney Swans.

4a969bb63a01c3efdbf989f167f17c9ee802a8c4

Jacob Townsend.CREDIT:EDDIE JIM

While the Swans move is still a possibility, there has been a push from within the Giants playing group for the club to bring the medium-sized forward back to the expansion club.

Townsend was delisted by the Tigers but they have committed to giving him a spot on the rookie list should he fail to find a new home.

The 25-year-old can be signed by any club as a delisted free agent. The Swans are also considering signing unwanted Geelong forward Daniel Menzel.

More here: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-townsend-could-become-a-giant-again-20181101-p50dcx.html
Bad move Richmond, shoulda kept him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t surprise me about the Giants playing group. I know a fella who was an original and still there and remember right at the start him telling us about this Townsend bloke they all hated doing competitive stuff against in training and to watch out for him when they played, so took a keen interest from Day Dot.
Know they all love him too so no surprise to read that.

Doesn’t surprise me about the Giants playing group. I know a fella who was an original and still there and remember right at the start him telling us about this Townsend bloke they all hated doing competitive stuff against in training and to watch out for him when they played, so took a keen interest from Day Dot.
Know they all love him too so no surprise to read that.
How many of the original giants are left on the list ?? would be lucky to be 10-12

How many of the original giants are left on the list ?? would be lucky to be 10-12
Not sure actually, good question.
I know a few of them that are still there Kennedy, Buntine, Haynes, Mohr and Tomlinson are all pretty tight with him.
Toby Greene is another one.
Who else is an original Davis, Ward, Cameron, Patton? Can’t think of too many others.

I know a few of them that are still there Kennedy, Buntine, Haynes, Mohr and Tomlinson are all pretty tight with him.
Who else is an original Davis, Ward, Cameron, Patton? Can’t think of too many others.
Haynes comes to mind.
I'd add Coniglio and drop Ward and Davis. Neither were with us for the 2011 warm up season, and that generally defines the originals. Depends how you look at it.
Cameron and Patton definitely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back