Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle reimers kicked 8 goals once too doesn't make him a good foward

Against a TAC Cup team.

Carlisle has everything needed to be a solid key forward and has showed multiple times he can do it. FFS Carey did some work with him and was impressed with him. That's good enough for me.

He needs space and the chance to halve a contest. He'll beat most in that situation.

I love fletch but I didn't want him coming back this year let alone another
Get him to 400 and that's it IMO, it's time to play someone who will be around for a few years.

And I'm sure I'll cop abuse for this but watching Carlise over the last few weeks he seems disinterested and lazy. Perhaps a few games in the VFL?

Bulldogs have been interested in him for a long time. The story only came out then, but it's been around a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta persist with him I think. It also usually keeps the best defender away from Daniher which is a good thing at this stage. He's simply not ready to lead the line.

I've quoted some stats before. In JC's last 13 games he's averaged 6.1 marks and 2.1 goals. For all his average games - and that's a few - on top of the woeful system and delivery he's played in, the guy is tracking as a 50 goal a year forward. We haven't had one of them since Lloyd.

We set up right and get him some clean ball and contests, he'll flourish. He's certainly not problem, since halfway through last year he's been a bloody good forward.

I often wonder just how much pressure would be alleviated by changing clubs.

On first glance, it is pretty clear cut as you would presume that the new club wouldn’t be an immediate media focus.

But then you need to realise that just because your current club is being investigated, doesn’t mean that you no longer are. I imagine it could be fairly isolating if you are the only player at a club going through this process. (Who do you talk to? Who understands? If join other “former” players at a new club, what happens if you don’t like or trust them)?

(This obviously does not hold true for players looking to come into EFC)

All of that aside, I feel that if Jake left then it would be for money. I don’t really begrudge out-of-contract players relocating for greater money – it’s often a once-in-a-lifetime sum for what is, all things considered, a very short career.

When focused, Jake is a fantastic player. No doubt other teams will be circling, and if he were to leave, he would prosper (just like he would if he remained). If he does go, I imagine he’ll be played as a KPD and we will rue missed opportunities – but, that’s football for you.

If a player leaves for more money or a longer contract that doesn't bother me. They are trying to look after their family. (Angus Monfries). When a player leaves MID contract saying he 'wants a fresh start and will do everything to help Essendon' then refuses to go to GWS I call him Judas.

If Carlisle leaves I wouldn't boo him at games or anything like that. I just hope he stays as he is one of our most important players. I just want him in defence.

I want him given half a season up forward while we are playing a style of footy that actually allows forwards a fair chance. The longer it takes to get to that style, the longer he has to work on the craft.
If he fails under those conditions then send him back and lets never speak of it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back