Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

For whatever reason Clarkson didn't rate him. Gotta back the 4x cup coach but still, damn.
I was thinking about this today.

Clarkson did get a lot out of David Hale who was playing VFL behind Goldstein with us.

He probably rated Goldstein but also thinks we can live without him.

Simon sums up how I feel about Todd going to Essendon.

How do you feel now? Todd who ?
Xerri bomb.....he's perfect.
Physical - Something Goldystein wasn't.
Cheap - Something Goldystein wasn't.
And takes marks around the ground, something TG took a long time to develop.
I hope our future list management learns from our past- Don't pay overs for a ruckman.

I hope our future list management learns from our past- Don't pay overs for a ruckman.
Let’s settle on the Todd disrespect, he gave us plenty of good years.

You mean the All Australian, Best'n'Fairest ruckman?

Xerri bomb....lol what does that even mean?

I think there's a bit of captain hindsight with this post. Xerri has improved a lot and we're all the better for it....but your memory is lacking regarding Goldstein as a player if you think he didn't mark the footy and contribute in other ways.

You mean the All Australian, Best'n'Fairest ruckman?

Xerri bomb....lol what does that even mean?

I think there's a bit of captain hindsight with this post. Xerri has improved a lot and we're all the better for it....but your memory is lacking regarding Goldstein as a player if you think he didn't mark the footy and contribute in other ways.

Correct.

And lets’s face it - it has probably turned out to be a win-win-win for the two clubs and player involved.

Wish Goldy well personally. May he finish the year well and help * into 9th.

Let’s settle on the Todd disrespect, he gave us plenty of good years.
I loved him and his many dicks for many years but he used up all his respect by going to *.

Shinboners don't go to *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude, but I've heard from a reliable source that a large part of the recruiting pitch to Goldstein from Brad Scott was that he wasn't sold on Draper as a ruck, and that he needed Goldy to provide cover to allow Bryan to come on. This has only partially occured.

Not sure where that stands now but Goldy obviously finishes this year, and it remains to be seen what Draper does.

It wouldn't shock me if Essendon move on from Draper and go hard at an English or Sean Darcy.

Sorry to intrude, but I've heard from a reliable source that a large part of the recruiting pitch to Goldstein from Brad Scott was that he wasn't sold on Draper as a ruck, and that he needed Goldy to provide cover to allow Bryan to come on. This has only partially occured.

Not sure where that stands now but Goldy obviously finishes this year, and it remains to be seen what Draper does.

It wouldn't shock me if Essendon move on from Draper and go hard at an English or Sean Darcy.
I've heard the same, though I don't remember where from, certainly not an inside source. Probably been around on this board already.

One of the club’s greats IMO. Only second to Brent Harvey this century. He’d frequently win his position, and if he was at Melbourne and Gawn with us I reckon the perception of each would switch.

He also put up with a lot of garbage from the club in the last few seasons.

Well within his rights to take another year or so at Essendon, just as Grima did and Petrie at WC.

One of the club’s greats IMO. Only second to Brent Harvey this century. He’d frequently win his position, and if he was at Melbourne and Gawn with us I reckon the perception of each would switch.

Well within his rights to take another year or so at Essendon, just as Grima did and Petrie at WC.
Nah he went to *.

He can now spend his remaining playing days blowing goats.

Whilst the garbage call has merit remember we carried him as well when he was rubbish due to personal issues.

Re the extra year no issues, brereton and douggie hawkins other club legends that played on at other clubs. 2 in fact for derm.

Partially true. BS and the *club had major doubts over Draper’s ongoing fitness and ability to play at all, as was advised by Draper’s medicos. That was the pitch to Goldy. They hoped he could assist while Draper recovered and, in the event he couldn’t play at all, provide cover until Bryan was up to speed. That’s from Goldy’s camp.

Partially true. BS and the *club had major doubts over Draper’s ongoing fitness and ability to play at all, as was advised by Draper’s medicos. That was the pitch to Goldy. They hoped he could assist while Draper recovered and, in the event he couldn’t play at all, provide cover until Bryan was up to speed. That’s from Goldy’s camp.

Thats very very similar to what i stated isn't it?

Scott doesn't rate Draper. That was mentioned directly to Goldy. They also reached out to Scott Lycett.

200cm ruckman....why?

Just a shoutout to this all time great opening post.

(Noting I was on the Pendlebury v Urquhart threat, we all have our moments)

Just a shoutout to this all time great opening post.

(Noting I was on the Pendlebury v Urquhart threat, we all have our moments)
This is just an alley-oop for everyone to fawn over the Hearts to hearts post soon after.

Thats very very similar to what i stated isn't it?

Scott doesn't rate Draper. That was mentioned directly to Goldy. They also reached out to Scott Lycett.

That snippet wasn’t mentioned to Goldy afaik. They feared Draper wouldn’t recover.

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back