My side:

B: Harry Sheezel - Sam De Koning - Trent Rivers
HB: Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera - Nick Murray - Nick Daicos
C: Nic Martin - Tom Green - Errol Gulden
HF: Kysaiah Pickett - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Mitch Owens
F: Oliver Henry - Jye Amiss - Cody Weightman
R: Luke Jackson - Caleb Serong - Noah Anderson
I: Jai Newcombe - Matt Rowell - Miles Bergman - Max Holmes
From a Freo perspective, I think those 3 Freo players are locks and Young 50/50. I'd personally have him ahead of Rivers but admit to bias. The midfield competition in this group is nutty because of that crazy 2019 draft

Only one North player made the squad. For a team that's been bottom 4 the last 4 years that's horrid. What a mess.

From a Freo perspective, I think those 3 Freo players are locks and Young 50/50. I'd personally have him ahead of Rivers but admit to bias. The midfield competition in this group is nutty because of that crazy 2019 draft
Young and Warner were the unluckiest to miss my side, due to the strong depth. I can't knock Rivers' consistency and improved defensive application. Deserves to make it.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not sure Holmes has been consistent enough. He's out and Warner in.

Young and Warner were the unluckiest to miss my side, due to the strong depth. I can't knock Rivers' consistency and improved defensive application. Deserves to make it.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not sure Holmes has been consistent enough. He's out and Warner in.
Correct. Last year, especially based on the second half of his year, he was worthy.

This season he's had 5 really good games but a mediocre set for the rest.

Sadly quite telling how there are no West Coast players in that list, and deservedly so. As much as I like to rubbish Freo they have the makings of a potential flag contender - already sorted for ruck, medium defense, midfield and key forward.

Hopefully there will be up to half a dozen in there for 2024 and 2025 (potentially from Ginbey, Hewitt, Long, Maric, Bazzo, Hough, Chesser, this year's first rounder, and maybe a random that bolts into contention).

Sadly quite telling how there are no West Coast players in that list, and deservedly so. As much as I like to rubbish Freo they have the makings of a potential flag contender - already sorted for ruck, medium defense, midfield and key forward.

Hopefully there will be up to half a dozen in there for 2024 and 2025 (potentially from Ginbey, Hewitt, Long, Maric, Bazzo, Hough, Chesser, this year's first rounder, and maybe a random that bolts into contention).

That's a start.

Long impresses me.

My side:

B: Harry Sheezel - Sam De Koning - Trent Rivers
HB: Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera - Nick Murray - Nick Daicos
C: Nic Martin - Tom Green - Errol Gulden
HF: Kysaiah Pickett - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Mitch Owens
F: Oliver Henry - Jye Amiss - Cody Weightman
R: Luke Jackson - Caleb Serong - Noah Anderson
I: Jai Newcombe - Matt Rowell - Miles Bergman - Chad Warner
I think Will Day makes the team as well but I'm not sure at who's expense. Going to be a couple players who are pretty stiff to miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can y'all do the right thing and vote for Newcombe this year please.

Didn't make it last year despite winning the coaches association young player of the year award.

Currently in the top 20 of overall coaches votes.

Close to breaking Dusty's record for most broken tackles in a season.

Defence key position stocks is a tough one. De Koning has struggled for fitness and form comparative to last season. Have enjoyed Nick Murray's year, but is selecting him for team balance the right thing to do for an 'award' like this?

Nature of this side is that it’s more about where those 7-8 players are at in 2 years time.

Jordan Clarke for example, is playing his 5th season.

Didn't make it last year despite winning the coaches association young player of the year award.

Defence key position stocks is a tough one. De Koning has struggled for fitness and form comparative to last season. Have enjoyed Nick Murray's year, but is selecting him for team balance the right thing to do for an 'award' like this?
I had him on the bench tried to balance my mid group serong and green my two chosen Bulls.
Day made my mid group though

Nature of this side is that it’s more about where those 7-8 players are at in 2 years time.

Jordan Clarke for example, is playing his 5th season.

Of course. Not all will come good, sure, but if the majority step up to AFL level then we are set. And those listed have shown glimpses...

Mods, just change the tread title to Freos list plus a few outsourced names to make up the AFLs under 22s team.

Kemp has been better than Murray or De Koning this year. A big part of Carltons improvement this year in the second half of the season.

Bailey Smith was talked about as being a future star, wouldn't be close to being a starting mid in this team.

Kemp has been better than Murray or De Koning this year. A big part of Carltons improvement this year in the second half of the season.
Murray has easily been the Crows most improved this season before injury.

Rarely beaten.

I have liked what I have seen from Kemp this year too... but wouldn't swap him for Muzza... but because I have watched him more.

Bailey Smith was talked about as being a future star, wouldn't be close to being a starting mid in this team.
Was thinking this myself, he is lucky he has the DPP fwd because I have him behind a few mids. It's probably more due to the quality footy these guys have been able to produce rather than Smith dropping off but I have him behind:
Serong
Anderson
Newcombe
Gulden
Green
Day
Rowell
Warner

Would be behind Daicos as well but he is first picked in defence anyway, then we have Ashcroft and JHF who I'd be tempted to push their names forward but that might be more due to potential. He is probably on par with Martin some might even have him behind him as well as a mid.

One thing we can probably all agree on is the 2019 draft is a ripper for mids.

Was thinking this myself, he is lucky he has the DPP fwd because I have him behind a few mids. It's probably more due to the quality footy these guys have been able to produce rather than Smith dropping off but I have him behind:
A bit of both- he definitely has dropped off. Needs to get back on the baggies to recapture his form maybe?

On output I'd have JHF ahead, even if he has faded a bit as the season has progressed. A few others on the list have had better years too IMO (Ashcroft definitely).

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 22under22 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back