Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't played for 2 weeks and with the exception of Hurley, pretty much everyone came back through the VFL after an injury so far this year.

Hm. Would be very handy against Sydney but would rather he have one more week. Friday game makes it hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd guess he'll play. He'll be underdone, stink it up and may even re-injure. But he'll play.

Because raz and zaka came back under done? If anything the theme this year has been once you are in the side it is difficult to be left out or dropped, leading to a few players being carried.

The players that come in or return from injury generally do really well.

Because raz and zaka came back under done? If anything the theme this year has been once you are in the side it is difficult to be left out or dropped, leading to a few players being carried.

The players that come in or return from injury generally do really well.
Raz came in after a niggle and Zaka came in matching the original timeline from Crow. Stringer is supposedly coming in after 2 weeks out from a supposed 4-5 week calf injury.

Raz came in after a niggle and Zaka came in matching the original timeline from Crow. Stringer is supposedly coming in after 2 weeks out from a supposed 4-5 week calf injury.

Normally the 2 week prognosis turns into 4 weeks so I understand the pessimism — I’m not sure if we are just cryptic or incompetent with them.

The point is I still can’t think of an example this year where we rushed back an underdone player.

He's already missed 2 games, so it would be 3 weeks and the initial injury was slated at 4 weeks. Its not that outlandish. They did also indicate at the time that it was a bit on the minor side of your standard calf injury.

If they clear him to play then I'm happy with that. Calf's aren't as niggly as hamstrings.

He's already missed 2 games, so it would be 3 weeks and the initial injury was slated at 4 weeks. Its not that outlandish. They did also indicate at the time that it was a bit on the minor side of your standard calf injury.

If they clear him to play then I'm happy with that. Calf's aren't as niggly as hamstrings.
Hence the "2 weeks out". A 4 week calf injury is missing 4 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back