Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

In the past decade there were only three players I could count on to give us a few goal of the year/mark of the year contenders each year and were the most likely to single handedly get us over the line on ANZAC day and other big games. Those players were Joe, Tippa and Jake.
Players with that X factor don't grow on trees and when your team delivers as little success as our club does its these sort of players that still make you want to go see the footy live.
Sad that none of the three are still at club, the excitement at the end of 2017 is all but a distant memory. Hopefully guys like Caddy can step up to replace them, because the cupboard is pretty bare.

In the past decade there were only three players I could count on to give us a few goal of the year/mark of the year contenders each year and were the most likely to single handedly get us over the line on ANZAC day and other big games. Those players were Joe, Tippa and Jake.
Players with that X factor don't grow on trees and when your team delivers as little success as our club does its these sort of players that still make you want to go see the footy live.
Sad that none of the three are still at club, the excitement at the end of 2017 is all but a distant memory. Hopefully guys like Caddy can step up to replace them, because the cupboard is pretty bare.
Caddy and Kako likely fit the bill

Pick 53 ends up being around 43 anyway so early to mid third round.
For mine that is fair for a thirty year old with the injury and periodic fitness issues.
I have defended him some times when his fitness issue’s have been injury related and also a product of him never being able to do a full program due to his broken leg but he has had years when he has just not worked hard enough.
My mail is he had a bit of a relapse as far as diet and preparation in the second half of the year which is why he was not going to get an extension on the trigger contract.
My view as it fixes an issue in the forward line anyway. It allows us to work towards a two tall / 1 medium/ 3 small set up with an occasional resting Draper .
What the exact mix is ? Not sure but that is a discussion for another thread .

Pick 53 ends up being around 43 anyway so early to mid third round.
For mine that is fair for a thirty year old with the injury and periodic fitness issues.
I have defended him some times when his fitness issue’s have been injury related and also a product of him never being able to do a full program due to his broken leg but he has had years when he has just not worked hard enough.
My mail is he had a bit of a relapse as far as diet and preparation in the second half of the year which is why he was not going to get an extension on the trigger contract.
My view as it fixes an issue in the forward line anyway. It allows us to work towards a two tall / 1 medium/ 3 small set up with an occasional resting Draper .
What the exact mix is ? Not sure but that is a discussion for another thread .
Eh, depends. A few bids in the 30's/40's on Campo x2, Welsh, Champion push it back again.

I used to love going to see what Snelling could produce.

Eh, depends. A few bids in the 30's/40's on Campo x2, Welsh, Champion push it back again.
They do but the bids on those guys are not players we are picking anyway. It is not stopping us from targeting someone we like and can get.
I do not really count them as we where not picking them anyway if bids are matched.

They do but the bids on those guys are not players we are picking anyway. It is not stopping us from targeting someone we like and can get.
I do not really count them as we where not picking them anyway if bids are matched.
I get that but it probably comes into the late 40's.

Of course I think we package 28/31 and try to get a late first from next year's haul, and move that into the first round around GWS/Dogs/Richmond as I think 40 onwards covers most bids.

I get that but it probably comes into the late 40's.

Of course I think we package 28/31 and try to get a late first from next year's haul, and move that into the first round around GWS/Dogs/Richmond as I think 40 onwards covers most bids.
Probably . Maybe. There will be a lot of picks eaten up and once Kako is sorted We may even look to get back in the second round if it is a KPF we are looking for.
Jake was worth what he was . A few passed. He is hardly going to be worth more next year.
I think people have not really read the room and are going on hope and expectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, I'm going to miss him and I don't really understand any malice any of our supporters have towards him.

We knew what we were getting when we picked him up years ago and he met/arguably exceed expectations while here.

Meh, I'm going to miss him and I don't really understand any malice any of our supporters have towards him.

We knew what we were getting when we picked him up years ago and he met/arguably exceed expectations while here.

Yep. I only want him gone because I believe he and Langford cant coexist in the forward line and I would rather continue with Langford.

Stringer will be good for GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back