Player Watch #26: Anthony Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the article afl.com.au

Out-of-favour Tiger mid meets with Gold Coast
Callum Twomey
Sep 4, 2018 1:33PM

OUT-OF-contract Richmond ball-getter Anthony Miles has met with Gold Coast about a possible move as the Suns look to bolster their midfield.

AFL.com.au understands Miles, who has played only one senior game this year, is on the Suns' radar ahead of next month's NAB AFL Trade Period.

Miles signed a one-year contract extension at the end of last season, but has not been able to break into Richmond's line-up apart from his 20-disposal and one-goal game against Port Adelaide in round 12.

He also managed just five games last year after he was squeezed out of the Tigers' first-choice midfield. Miles played 19 games in 2016, and averaged 23 disposals as well as booting 10 goals.

A move to the Suns would be the 26-year-old's third AFL club, having started his career at Greater Western Sydney before arriving at Punt Road for the 2014 season.

Hope he goes..he'd be best 22 for them easily. Hes a good bloke the young kids could learn off
That's it. They could learn a lot from him about application, patience, diligence.
I hope he kills it up there, but I wonder what they see in snippa that they didn't see in Barlow.

That's it. They could learn a lot from him about application, patience, diligence.
I hope he kills it up there, but I wonder what they see in snippa that they didn't see in Barlow.
A few years younger than Barlow

Age would be a big factor. Barlow was coming off a broken leg too if memory serves. Defensive running maybe? It why they werent gifting brodie games.

I would've played barlow more if i was them tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best wishes to Snipper.
I would not imagine he is on a massive salary but his departure helps to create cap space nonetheless.

Pure guess but I'd say we'll let him go for bugger all as good will. Gold Coast won't match Lynch (they weren't going to anyway) and there won't be bad blood for future trades.

Bingo!!this has been floated by a few people in the Tom Lynch threads previously. Was shot down but can definitely see it happening.

Bingo!!this has been floated by a few people in the Tom Lynch threads previously. Was shot down but can definitely see it happening.

It will be for a swap of 6th round picks or something trivial (on the understanding they don't match Lynch). Good luck to the guy.

It will be for a swap of 6th round picks or something trivial (on the understanding they don't match Lynch). Good luck to the guy.

Even simpler.

We wont offer Miles a contract. Suns sign him as a DFA.

Miles could well get very good $ up there. They have heaps of salary cap space.

He is exactly what they want. Protects the young guys, adds leadership and mentorship, and improves their side. All for very cheap. Great move for GC and Miles if true.

I hope we just let him go, unless some larger deal is worked through. We can't realistically ask for much, so just create goodwill by getting a 6th round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back