Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think that was the best game he has played as well.

If you want to see what we're on about as far as his class in close is concerned have a look at the last quarter again.

On two occasions he plucked the ball from congestion and under pressure put the ball on the boot and found a leading forwards (Daniher for a mark and Ambrose who was spoiled because opponent was wearing him).

It is a very small glimpse but it is consistent with what he does at VFL level. It is vision, skill and creativity that sets him apart from literally everyone of our players other than Watson while in close. I think this is what the early Judd-like calls were about. He has an ability to get the ball on the boot and find a team mate (as opposed to the pace and power to break through a stoppage).

Hopefully he gets a full run today. Want to see whether he can accumulate on the outside as he has show at the lower level this year.

He needs a run of games like others have mentioned. I'm sure he'll adjust to the pace of the competition and win more ball in time. He was decent tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had '3' tackles but would have had another 4 or 5 'missed' tackles with poor core strength.

So good to see him have a crack. As I posted in the game day thread, his work ethic was super tonight. Will serve him well when he picks up the real pace of the game, the possession building will come.

That's pretty much the performance Kav was picked to produce. Nothing special, but giving him a run in the team is not about getting results out of him in the next month, it's about making him a player for the next 10 years.

Had low ToG compared to others (71%) but still managed to have more disposals then Howlett + Hocking and as many as Colyer.

All things consider I think his performance is a pass mark tonight and has warranted a place in the side next week.

Was pretty happy with his game. Hope he stays in.

This. Stiff not to be paid a free kick (chopping of the arms). Thought he contested really well. He will benefit big time from continued selection.

Started the game real well, slowed down a bit in the second half. Showed a bit though, give him a good run now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back