Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mod Notice: As the original Harvey thread has now reached 10,000 posts, due to BigFooty rules, a Part II of the Brent Harvey journey has been created.

The first edition can be found here:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/29-brent-harvey.64277/

Was it Mark Thompson or Mark Maclure on #AFL360 last night that said the club will reverse their decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Releasing Harvey is a disgrace, he has been very good this year. Huge admirer, what a shame. Would chop Swallow before Harvey.

You may be shocked but I don't reckon I'm take advice on what is and isn't a disgrace from a Shemons supporter called the tank.

Some Brent "Boomer" Harvey goal stats:

Most goals in a season (H&A+Finals)
- needs 1 goal this weekend for most ever H&A goals
- needs 3 goals this year for most ever season goals

1998 - 31+1 = 31
2000 - 34+1 = 35
2002 - 29+1 = 30
2004 - 30+0 = 30
2007 - 31+5 = 36
2011 - 31+0 = 31
2012 - 32+3 = 35
2016 - 34+? = 34

Right now, I feel a bit flat and sad because I won’t be playing at North Melbourne next year. But that was always going to be the case no matter when my career at Arden Street ended.

I know there are a lot of angry and disappointed fans out there and I love you all for your passion and care for me in this situation.

But I need you all to know that I’m ok with what’s happened.

It’s okay to feel upset, Brad and those in charge had a tough decision to make. I’m not angry at them about it at all, and have been in footy long enough to understand how it all works and that no individual is ever, bigger than the club.

More than anything, I appreciate Brad’s honesty because I put him in a difficult situation when I asked to know where I stood. He did the right thing and told us all the truth.

I was given the opportunity, along with Drewy, Spud and Dal, to speak to the media yesterday but physically couldn’t. I would have broken down and didn’t want to do that. I want to be clear that is wasn’t because we were angry, like some people are suggesting.

When the time is right, I will speak but I’m not sure when that will be.

While this is hard for all of us, it’s important that we don’t lose sight of what’s in front of us. Finals are just around the corner and rest assured, we will do everything we can to win. We’d all like nothing more than to go out on a high.

As for my future, well this has all happened so fast and I haven’t had a chance to consider what’s next. After the season, I will weigh everything up with my family and manager.

Thanks for all your support in what’s been a tough few days. You’re the best supporters in the AFL and I urge you to stand by the club because the future will be exciting.

I’ll never forget what an absolute privilege its been to play for this amazing club for 21 years.

Go Roos!

Boomer

Right now, I feel a bit flat and sad because I won’t be playing at North Melbourne next year. But that was always going to be the case no matter when my career at Arden Street ended.

I know there are a lot of angry and disappointed fans out there and I love you all for your passion and care for me in this situation.

But I need you all to know that I’m ok with what’s happened.

It’s okay to feel upset, Brad and those in charge had a tough decision to make. I’m not angry at them about it at all, and have been in footy long enough to understand how it all works and that no individual is ever, bigger than the club.

More than anything, I appreciate Brad’s honesty because I put him in a difficult situation when I asked to know where I stood. He did the right thing and told us all the truth.

I was given the opportunity, along with Drewy, Spud and Dal, to speak to the media yesterday but physically couldn’t. I would have broken down and didn’t want to do that. I want to be clear that is wasn’t because we were angry, like some people are suggesting.

When the time is right, I will speak but I’m not sure when that will be.

While this is hard for all of us, it’s important that we don’t lose sight of what’s in front of us. Finals are just around the corner and rest assured, we will do everything we can to win. We’d all like nothing more than to go out on a high.

As for my future, well this has all happened so fast and I haven’t had a chance to consider what’s next. After the season, I will weigh everything up with my family and manager.

Thanks for all your support in what’s been a tough few days. You’re the best supporters in the AFL and I urge you to stand by the club because the future will be exciting.

I’ll never forget what an absolute privilege its been to play for this amazing club for 21 years.

Go Roos!

Boomer
That's a classy text from BOOMER.

Brent Harvey has, possibly, outperformed his whole footy career with one fantastic letter to supporters. If that doesn't get the fans behind the team for the rest of the season, nothing will or would have. Very well done, Brent. It is very much appreciated.

Nothing in there that rules out playing for another club unfortunately :(

And the best of luck to him, if he decides to go on. It doesn't make yesterday's decision wrong. However, Boomer is a special case and he has earned the right to do what he pleases and not lose any browny points with anyone, in my opinion.

Boomer has been a top 5 player for you this season, and looked like he could have been in 2017 as well. Don't let your blind faith cloud your judgment.

He wasn't. We have been discussing it in detail and your superficial opinion criticising our club's decision is something some of us won't cop from a supporter of the team responsible for the second most disgraceful football program of the past couple of decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard from someone reasonably close to the sauce that he's going to be playing with his brother next year. Could be wishful thinking by the sauce, but can you imagine how much he would dominate at that level.
This would be a million times better than seeing him in another club's colours (like GWS :'() next year.

Have heard from someone reasonably close to the sauce that he's going to be playing with his brother next year. Could be wishful thinking by the sauce, but can you imagine how much he would dominate at that level.

I too have heard from a sauce who has the look of knowing that he's already received interest from 4 or 5 opposition clubs at AFL level and he has much to ponder immediately post season. Whatever he decides is his business afaic and I reckon he would hold the dream to play alongside his brother again at some stage. Its just whether or not that is next season or the following.

Delist Nahas and Ray, make Boomer a rookie and offer him a job on the coaching staff as well. If he's interested in coaching it would be a way of starting off, he'll have the opportunity to be upgraded if a player gets on the LTI list and it would increase the gate attendance at Werribee with supporters wanting to watch him still play...He might have to swallow his pride a bit though and think of helping the club which has handled this whole outcome the wrong way...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back