Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they said on Footy Classified, if we were to not give Harvey a contract then we wouldnt be giving anything to Petrie, Dal Santo, Waite etc. either.
Would be re-build mode straight away. Even if it's just a 'mini-rebuild'.
We're mad if we don't give Brent another year. I think they're just waiting to see how deep we go for a lot of the other old ones, but Harvey will go close to winning the B&F.

As they said on Footy Classified, if we were to not give Harvey a contract then we wouldnt be giving anything to Petrie, Dal Santo, Waite etc. either.
Would be re-build mode straight away. Even if it's just a 'mini-rebuild'.
We're mad if we don't give Brent another year. I think they're just waiting to see how deep we go for a lot of the other old ones, but Harvey will go close to winning the B&F.

Nah Robbie Tarrant has that locked in. Much more consistent.

Try the fancy shit when we are up by 10 goals. A shot or a short kick into a closer teammate at that stage of the game would have been a much better option.
When you need to turn a game you need the ball in the hands of match winners. When the game's on the line you want it in Harvey and Wells' hands as much as possilbe. Fully back him in every time to do what he thinks is right. What about that pass Wells to Harvey on a tight angle when Maj was running back to the square, and boomer kicks truly keeping the ball low to be protected by the stands. Smart football by both wells and harvey. The team, and coach trust these guys to get the job done, sometimes it doesnt come off. What about all the wild snaps from other players. Bit harsh singling out Boomer, if anyone can get the job done in any situation its him, and no other player I'd prefer to have ball in hand when the games on the line.

32 Disposals and 3 Goals on Saturday WTF are the rest of the team doing the guy is 38 FFS & felt he had to try & win the game on his own.

been like that for years and thats always been a major problem at north but the recruitment staff have been happy to keep drafting in and under players.

been like that for years and thats always been a major problem at north but the recruitment staff have been happy to keep drafting in and under players.
Agreed ,That's why Wells is so important who else can spread when in possession? Clarke & that's it.
Watching the Doggies VFL team flogged us on the weekend has me worried our next generation of kids wont make it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting on his Instagram account he posted a photo of Thomas and himself in his record breaking game with the caption, 'i love playing along side this bloke gives everything every time'. #boof.... could mean something or could mean nothing, i just found it interesting. :p

interesting on his Instagram account he posted a photo of Thomas and himself in his record breaking game with the caption, 'i love playing along side this bloke gives everything every time'. #boof.... could mean something or could mean nothing, i just found it interesting. :p
Yeah I thought it was a bit weird.

What could it mean tho

I can't believe we've turned this into a circus again.

Deserves to know one way or the other if he'll be playing on next year.
I believe they were all told yesterday afternoon they wont be renewed (Boomer Spud Dal Petrie)

I believe they were all told yesterday afternoon they wont be renewed (Boomer Spud Dal Petrie)

i believe you are wrong.... No one has been told and no one will be told until the end of our finals campaign. You cant have some players being told yes whilst others no while the season is still going.

i believe you are wrong.... No one has been told and no one will be told until the end of our finals campaign. You cant have some players being told yes whilst others no while the season is still going.
That's fine, but I know for a fact one was told yesterday, and I'm not sure why he'd lie about the rest. Take it or leave it ...just thought you'd be interested to know.

That's fine, but I know for a fact one was told yesterday, and I'm not sure why he'd lie about the rest. Take it or leave it ...just thought you'd be interested to know.

Just in your previous post you said 'they were all told' now you are saying you know for a fact 'one' was told'? o_O... Thanks for posting anyway :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back