Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, he is leaving for family reasons, but there is another reason for it. And Shai being a proud indigenous man, knowing the main reason why, I can't begrudge him for leaving...

Wait are you saying he's been the victim of racism at the club?

Not at all. If anything, the club have been fantastic at celebrating culture.

Didn't he say a while back after he had a good game in WA against the Eagles that he wanted to impress his family as they attended the match. Could be he feels like he's letting them down now we are on the bottom of the ladder and can't win a game?

need to get harley reid to throw down a family card , does he really want another year in perth ?
Not yet bro. He will be the last piece.

If Freo try **** us Bolton we will get our revenge and take Harley.

secret smell GIF

true...next year will be a painful experience - with the draft being again the highlight
but at least HOPE we will have a band of super young quality players on our list
its then up to them to work hard and us to develop them into fine Richmond men
plant the seeds, watch them grow
and in 4-5 years time we attack the flag once again
I edited I because there are no guarantees with the draft, we assume we will anew group of talented youngsters

That's what I admire about Dusty....was at Richmond for the tough times, stayed on board at the Tigers, then when Richmond became good he was offered the kitchen sink by North Melbourne and Adelaide...both clubs offering more money too. He said No to both clubs.
The measure of the man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree, does go to show even using pick #4 on a stud.
sometimes the world just works against you
also i reckon we would have won a premiership.
we walked into 2013 GF with a midfield of
C: hill mundy D pearce
ruck: sandi fyfe crowley
with barlow, suban rotating in.

by the 2015 prelim neale was a major addition.

the 2015 side could have had morabito and hill on the wings. with sandilands hitting down to mundy, fyfe and neale. it would have significantly balanced up a handball happy, stoppage midfield to a more direct to goal player.

No thanks

You want to keep a player like Shai and separate him from his family? Who are you Alistair Clarkson?

Sure, make him stay, I'm sure he will happily try his heart out for the club while his misses and kids are in Perth.

I've seen my daughter getting a lot of support from my missus with their first baby in the first year. Mothers helping mothers is where the 99.9% of the hard work is done.

All due respect Shai's probably doing way less than the missus. Is Hasina indigenous? Why wait till now to go back to Perth?

Shai & Hasina could get Kmac & Vlas to do a reno for them. get mates rates.. Add one more room for kid # 2 & a second room for the in laws to move in and babysit.

Do whatever it takes to keep the Bolton boy happy and at punt road

Last edited:
Him moving for family reasons with work against us in the trade. Oppo clubs know you can’t keep players on the list that don’t want to be there.

Why do oppo fans think we're just going to bend over and let Bolton go for unders?

I think we'll do the opposite and really dig our heels in like we did with Soldo last year to extract maximum value.
Quite a lot of Tigers fans also underselling the value as well. They'd be no good at Poker.

Rioli the same. They need to make Richmond want to do a deal, if not sorry but you're required.

Yes but he surely knew about all this when signing his contract not that long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only had the one child then did he not? How old was it in 2022 when he signed. Things can change.

So um, I come in pieces.

Baker + Bolton for our Saints 2nd round pick and we will chuck in Bailey Banfield?

Best deal ever..
Someone at your club will stick a fork in Banfield. Banfield will protest that he's already forked. He won't be lying. He certainly forked his team last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back