List Mgmt. Should we trade for Pick 1?

Should we trade for Pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a clear pick 1 well before the season started. Its not the same this season. Also its hard to play for pick 1, given losing out may not be enough, North would probably still have to beat someone else.
1715226044272.png

Close Up Flirting GIF

I don't follow the juniors because it's a bit pedo but isn't it early days to be putting a line through the talent pool? Was Harley Reid always the undisputed number 1 or did he build a body of work through the season?
Was always number one, there's even a thread on the main board where an Eagles fan accused Hawthorn of deliberately tanking to get him lol

I don't follow the juniors because it's a bit pedo but isn't it early days to be putting a line through the talent pool? Was Harley Reid always the undisputed number 1 or did he build a body of work through the season?
He was number one as early as 22 . Talks were big on him a lot earlier than normal and you can see why.

I don't think it's all eggs necessarily. If North target a key, they may not need pick 1 so I don't see them holding it for a huge ransom, but I guess we will find out.
If we held pick 1 would you give it up for a little or a lot?

we should try and get 2 or 3 first rounders, rather than sell the farm for #1

Dusty
Trent
Jack
Rance

From picks 2 - 12 if I remember correctly, so if we could get 2/3 and something around 11/14 this year,
Then next years first, to add tot he 5 boys drafted in 2022, then we are in a good position.

All that while Taranto and Hopper carry the mids for the kids.

Balta carreis the KPF load
Gibcus / Young / Miller carry the KPB load

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we should try and get 2 or 3 first rounders, rather than sell the farm for #1

Dusty
Trent
Jack
Rance

From picks 2 - 12 if I remember correctly, so if we could get 2/3 and something around 11/14 this year,
Then next years first, to add tot he 5 boys drafted in 2022, then we are in a good position.

All that while Taranto and Hopper carry the mids for the kids.

Balta carreis the KPF load
Gibcus / Young / Miller carry the KPB load
Rance was a PP *#18 , I think it was 18.

Don’t think it would be wise to go for pick 1
I’m pretty confident we will win less than 4 games this year so a pick between 2-4 is highly likely.
I expect a lot of movement come trade period too, baker will hopefully net us a round 1 pick (if he goes, hope he doesn’t) and hopefully we can bundle round 2/3 picks we get for kmac, graham and maybe broad.

Don’t think it would be wise to go for pick 1
I’m pretty confident we will win less than 4 games this year so a pick between 2-4 is highly likely.
I expect a lot of movement come trade period too, baker will hopefully net us a round 1 pick (if he goes, hope he doesn’t) and hopefully we can bundle round 2/3 picks we get for kmac, graham and maybe broad.
Will be interesting to see how we go, once we get some players back.

No, but we should try & finish lower than north hopefully they beat us when we play, we have good excuses with our injury list.

i don't think we will finish last
Once we get the cavalry back, 2nd half of the season, we will win a bunch of pointless games and end up with pick 6-8, you watch :(

Back