Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

I want picks 9 & 10 for Bolton minimum.

17 isn't high enough and 2025 1st isn't likely to be either.

They'll have to get creative if they want Kosi too. I'd be asking for Amiss or Treacy if they want both players. Melbourne needs a key forward also.
Kozi won't be traded. Melbourne aren't in rebuild mode when they have Gawn, Lever and May.

Zero chance Freo would consider trading Amiss or Treacy. I went to GWS V Freo and my thoughts on Amiss before that game was he was a bit overrated. After seeing him live, I think he will be a star. Pointless any side asking for them in a trade.

Kozi won't be traded. Melbourne aren't in rebuild mode when they have Gawn, Lever and May.

Zero chance Freo would consider trading Amiss or Treacy. I went to GWS V Freo and my thoughts on Amiss before that game was he was a bit overrated. After seeing him live, I think he will be a star. Pointless any side asking for them in a trade.
Same for Cumberland at Tigerland. Message to other clubs - He is not going anyway. We are not trading him.

Agreed, just the message we want to send though.

I have heard Kosi won't go.

BUT, if he was going and Freo gave away draft capital for him, leaving us with less to work with, what then? That's when I'd be saying pay up (player) or FO and we keep Bolton or shop him around to WCE.

Would be gutted if Shai leaves.
His senior debut was the game against GWS in 2017 when he kicked the disallowed goal.
View attachment 2096873

Im gutted that we are so far from it that im not gutted to be losing these players.

I was too ashamed to post that I was keen for Dusty to leave last year so that we could get something for him as it would be our last chance. People might feel him playing 300 games was worth it but I just dont get excited by the individual milestones even though I appreciate it is good reward for great playing career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think fans have to accept Shai is staying at RFC, Freo have overachieved
On the contrary, you need to accept that he is definitely leaving!! I’d love him to stay but he’s going for family reasons, Freo are desperate to secure him and they have the draft capital to satisfy our demands imo. He 100% will not be at Richmond next season, you can bank on that

On the contrary, you need to accept that he is definitely leaving!! I’d love him to stay but he’s going for family reasons, Freo are desperate to secure him and they have the draft capital to satisfy our demands imo. He 100% will not be at Richmond next season, you can bank on that
nope not banking on that and do not think Shai is either

Yeah, not good at all. Both contracted also.

Freo has 9 + 10 +17 + 2025 1st.

I actually don't think that's anywhere near enough to get a deal done for both Kosi + Bolton.

If I was in charge of our list management I'd be asking for Amiss or Treacy.

But it would also suck if Freo decided to take Kosi and not bother with Bolton!

I might be on my own here, but I don't rate Treacy. Screams average KPF who can have good games but goes missing grand final day. Might be harsh but just a hunch.

I want picks 9 & 10 for Bolton minimum.

17 isn't high enough and 2025 1st isn't likely to be either.

They'll have to get creative if they want Kosi too. I'd be asking for Amiss or Treacy if they want both players. Melbourne needs a key forward also.

I think this year you can use future picks 2 years ahead instead of just the 1. If they want to get it done they can.

Is that you Ox?

I might be on my own here, but I don't rate Treacy. Screams average KPF who can have good games but goes missing grand final day. Might be harsh but just a hunch.
At 22 years of age, Treacy hasn't yet played in an AFL final. In this season, he sustained injury in the rnd 22 match v the drugs and didn't play further. The coincided with the Dickers 2024 season slide from finals participation.

Treacy has a 58% career W/L record (2021 -2024) in a team over those seasons journeys has managed 53.3%.

Shai is doing the right thing by us, hope we remember that when we play him.

Good by Bolts.

The way he and Baker have handled this exit shows they still care, cant ask for much more IMO

Shai is doing the right thing by us, hope we remember that when we play him.

Also means that he can be taken seriously when he says that getting to Perth is the reason for the trade. Sick of players saying they desperately need to return to Melbourne etc. for family reasons then only letting their club negotiate with one other club

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back