Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

fantastic footballer no doubt but my beef with him would be that at least two, three, sometimes four times a game he mis cues kicks the ball either it is a skimmer that never gets over 7 feet off the ground which can be easily intercepted or it's smothered...so annoying.

and then there's the ones that go 55 m up and 45 m long which is ok but its mainly due to his casualness rather than skill error.....needs to fix it up, he's a lot better than that.

Fair point, but bear in mind Shedda was a grandmaster of the 'accidental wormburner' and often looked way too casual doing them.

Some of Dusty's clangers by foot over the years have been genuinely gruesome to watch and look genuinely lazy at times.

I doubt it would have been a good idea to try changing either champion veteran Tiger's way of going about their footy, seems to me that would be even more the case for Shai - he plays on instinct the most of all three.

I figure we just cop the bad with the absolutely brilliant, then leave it to mystery as to how on earth it all comes off the same boot, via the same brain! ;)

He’d get us a top pick. He’s a gun but goes missing a lot and can be lazy. Much prefer keeping Baker
Shai has a greater upside and would much prefer to keep his skills then Baker.
With that being said, if they both want to move, I'm in
the more picks we get, the better we will be

Shai has a greater upside and would much prefer to keep his skills then Baker.
With that being said, if they both want to move, I'm in
the more picks we get, the better we will be
If players don’t want to be with us, then I wouldn’t stand in their way. Agree get as many early picks as possible.

Pretty disappointed to hear Shai has been open to a move. I had actually been pleasantly surprised by his evolution as a leader over the last 12 months or so.

It is a tad concerning that so many players are having their heads turned. I know we are losing and that obviously doesn’t help, but good clubs don’t lose good people.

It’s concerning with so much off field disruption, it looks like the same will happen on field.

Huge opportunity for someone to draw a line in the sand and take the club forward in this new era. Is it Taranto/ Hopper? Is it Baker turning his back on a return home to WA?

Will be an interesting off season.

Pretty disappointed to hear Shai has been open to a move. I had actually been pleasantly surprised by his evolution as a leader over the last 12 months or so.

It is a tad concerning that so many players are having their heads turned. I know we are losing and that obviously doesn’t help, but good clubs don’t lose good people.

It’s concerning with so much off field disruption, it looks like the same will happen on field.

Huge opportunity for someone to draw a line in the sand and take the club forward in this new era. Is it Taranto/ Hopper? Is it Baker turning his back on a return home to WA?

Will be an interesting off season.
wind of change blowing through the list is also a good thing.
Our stock of youth is not deep enough or good enough, and we desperately need to get quality injected into in now.
we need the draft and we need quality low draft picks.
like you said..going to be a interesting off season- we have to make it a winner or we will suffer in the near future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer to keep Baker.
Leadership and inspirational acts are priceless as we make our way through a difficult phase.
Bolton is a great player in a winning team.
Given Bolton is contracted for 5 years and a match winner on his day, trade can’t be for less than top 10 and future pick with one of our later picks going back the other way.

Your getting two top 10 picks for him measly
Even if Bolton wanted out, I can't see how it would happen.

WC would need to give their first this year and next, and that would be crazy for them to do in the middle of a rebuild.

Freo don't have any picks of real value, and wouldn't be willing to give up a good enough player.

Bolton would get us 2 picks in the early teens from Freo.

Baker 1 pic in the early teens and a second rounder.
West Coasts 1st (currently pick 3) for Bolton
Fremantle's 1st (currently 11 received from Port) for Baker
Crows 1st (pick 4) for JGTI and our 2nds (Pick 22 & 34).
See if we can somehow get Norths second (pick 21) and then maybe use it in part of the package for the Crows 1st

All a stretch, but a man can dream.
I'd personally prefer Bolton and Baker stay.
Would love it if we could pull off a package for the Crows 1st.

If true that he met wa clubs for a potential move, he can foff now and close the door upon exit
isnt he contracted for a long time

gonna be mint if we trade him as it will be on our terms

laura kane's gonna blow a head gasket

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back