Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle fans wouldn't be happy with what I would be willing to trade for Bolton 😂 hes not just exactly what freo need, a classy small forward that can also add pace to midfield for CBAs, but he's wildly entertaining, being a small forward myself I just love watching the freaks like him.
Really hoping this is Joe Brierty's alt....

People have the shortest memories. The only remember his last couple of months as opposed to his elite games and seasons that had him in discussions for being in the top 5 players in the game.
What's frustrating is his inconsistency. The difference between his best and worst is the length of the 'G. Frustrating as hell to look at the like of Cripps, Softcos, etc and what they are doing compared to Shai's output this season. For someone with so much talent to burn, has been the biggest disappointment this season for mine.

People have the shortest memories. The only remember his last couple of months as opposed to his elite games and seasons that had him in discussions for being in the top 5 players in the game.

Sorry he can’t kick a set shot to save his life, no work ethic and no leadership/mentoring capabilities.

Trade him while he has currency imo.

What's frustrating is his inconsistency. The difference between his best and worst is the length of the 'G. Frustrating as hell to look at the like of Cripps, Softcos, etc and what they are doing compared to Shai's output this season. For someone with so much talent to burn, has been the biggest disappointment this season for mine.
Thats only because his best is a ridiculously high standard.

If that was all he did, sure.

He’s done it so many times I’ve lost count. Never mind his snaps which have gone downhill.

Do you think he’ll be part of our next flag. Will he have his skills at 30. I don’t think so.

We either trade him now for some top picks or let him leave Richmond for nothing later whilst we also achieve nothing as a club. I think the choice is obvious.

He’s done it so many times I’ve lost count. Never mind his snaps which have gone downhill.

Do you think he’ll be part of our next flag. Will he have his skills at 30. I don’t think so.

We either trade him now for some top picks or let him leave Richmond for nothing later whilst we also achieve nothing as a club. I think the choice is obvious.

That is all fair regarding next flag etc, but diminishing Shais ability is off, guy is a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a gun at the wrong time unfortunately. We aren’t good enough to maximise his output.
In a team with an actual forwardline structure and good delivery i50 he could win a coleman.
done all his work so far dealing with the dimma era chaos ball entries and the yze era no entries (or entries directly to oppo). Hes a good mark, super evasive and a massive kick. The right team would turn him into a genuine superstar.

Bolton's best is as a mid/fwd and Yze has had him shoved up the fwd line with rare appearances in the middle. He's never been a great set shot but that's compensated by great snap shots.

He did kick 4 this year but only one was a set shot.

His clearance work is still important ~ av 3.6, Still averaging 18 disposals. averaging 1.4 goals

Yze has had Dow, Graham and Baker in the middle ahead of him. I guess Dow can only play middle.

Without 2 decent KPFs and a half injured Dusty, our fwd line is a worry.

Balta & Kosi went OK last game., Cumbo getting another crack has surprised .

probably right, he would flourish at Freo right now.
If and when we get our injuries reduced, get our best players on the park ~ notably Lynch but also

Samson Ryan, ankle (1 week)

Dion Prestia, calf (1 week)

Jacob Bauer, ribs (1 week)

Tom Lynch, hamstring (1-2 weeks)

Marlion Pickett, calf (2-3 weeks)

Maurice Rioli, ankle (2-3 weeks)

Jack Ross, foot (3-5 weeks)

Liam Fawcett, back (4-6 weeks)

Campbell Gray, hamstring (8 weeks)

Mate Colina, back (TBA)

Dylan Grimes, back (season)

Mykelti Lefau, knee, (season)

Tylar Young, knee, (season)

Sam Naismith, knee (season)

Josh Gibcus, knee (season)

Judson Clarke, knee (season)

Dustin Martin (back soreness)

Imagine these players, virtually a 2nd team pushing our 22 this week.

If and when we get our injuries reduced, get our best players on the park ~ notably Lynch but also

Samson Ryan, ankle (1 week)

Dion Prestia, calf (1 week)

Jacob Bauer, ribs (1 week)

Tom Lynch, hamstring (1-2 weeks)

Marlion Pickett, calf (2-3 weeks)

Maurice Rioli, ankle (2-3 weeks)

Jack Ross, foot (3-5 weeks)

Liam Fawcett, back (4-6 weeks)

Campbell Gray, hamstring (8 weeks)

Mate Colina, back (TBA)

Dylan Grimes, back (season)

Mykelti Lefau, knee, (season)

Tylar Young, knee, (season)

Sam Naismith, knee (season)

Josh Gibcus, knee (season)

Judson Clarke, knee (season)

Dustin Martin (back soreness)

Imagine these players, virtually a 2nd team pushing our 22 this week.
FWIW, I dont think its as bad as most think in our case. At full strength, in an even comp, we can do some damage IMO

Robert Walls? Thought he was still in France....:eekv1:
David. Been in charge of recruitment for a while, now also has trades.

FWIW RE: Shai - unless something changes between about 2 weeks ago and trade period, expecting this to be a "maybe next year" thing.

David. Been in charge of recruitment for a while, now also has trades.

FWIW RE: Shai - unless something changes between about 2 weeks ago and trade period, expecting this to be a "maybe next year" thing.
Leave Bolton alone and just go through with getting old Kmart injury prone Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back