AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

So Rowell and Anderson have had 16 clearances between them today, and we are minus-21 in total clearances since Darcy's injury.

This whole 'not letting him get in the way of our young midfielders' thing is going grouse.

Didn't we get more total clearances and centre clearances than GC?

What's the number we should be beating the GC midfield and ruck set up by?

We have missed Darcy Parish so much.

His couple of average games, and vital presence in the Port game (admittedly I didn't watch, but people on here have said was the worst/laziest midfield performance of the year) definitely showed "the haters" (whoever that is, I haven't seen any).

He did play one or two good games though, and the midfield have been poor in the past few games, so I guess that's that.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had been unsure about going after LDU but in the absence of our only other (than Merrett) AA midfielder (Darcy), we simply need to find a way to get more class in the midfield. Merrett's durability has been amazing but he has to do too much. Durham and Caldwell have done well this year and definitely have their place but they dont have the class we need to match it with the top teams. Parish is unfairly maligned on BF given he gives us something other cant but we simply need to find another A grade midfielder and LDU is the most accessible despite defensive weaknesses.

Um, 2 weeks means round 16?

Report says round 19, that is 5 ffs.

Do we calculate in dog years or something?
On AFL Tonight they said looking at getting back Rd 17-18! Who knows?!!

Um, 2 weeks means round 16?

Report says round 19, that is 5 ffs.

Do we calculate in dog years or something?

It may be 2 weeks on top of a usual calf recovery so instead of 3 it's 5 for example.

Or its just wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back