AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agreed, like I said earlier he's taken 2-3 games to get back into the mix every time he's been out the last couple of years.... watch him have a mid game and get 15-19 touches and Kane Cornes will lay into him even though he's been out for 10+ weeks.... but 3 weeks later when he has 30+ he won't say shit.
Kane Cornes gets paid to be outrageous.

100% agreed, like I said earlier he's taken 2-3 games to get back into the mix every time he's been out the last couple of years.... watch him have a mid game and get 15-19 touches and Kane Cornes will lay into him even though he's been out for 10+ weeks.... but 3 weeks later when he has 30+ he won't say shit.
He probably will get low possessions but it will be his team defence aspects which should be under scrutiny. If he can play the defensive game style from earlier in the year then his 17 ball hunting touches will complement the midfield beautifully. It’s exactly what we’ve been missing. What worries me is that it’s harder to execute new skills when coming back from injury than it is to fall into old patterns.

as per the thread title, he'll be back in 2 weeks. likely comes straight back in

(allegedly, this is from someone at the club)
DO NOT DOUBT ME BTW.

I WAS CORRECT (my source's source was zach merrett)

I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't blame Darcy.
His coaches put him in a position not to succeed.

First up in a must win game off a 10 week injury?
I wish it was surprising.

Whatever we did with Duursma and Ridley do with him. Hopefully these last who weeks were bolted on not becuase of a setback but to ensure he’s cherry ripe like the later. Parish… like Shiel has the tendency to take 2-3 weeks to get going which we can ill afford
Well this didn’t happen. Ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke's missed the last 10 games, he doesn't select himself but hey he's the problem ??

What about Wright, McGrath, Menzie, Laverde, Gresham, Stringer, Perkins, Redman what's their excuse and not just this week ???

The bloke's missed the last 10 games, he doesn't select himself but hey he's the problem ??

What about Wright, McGrath, Menzie, Laverde, Gresham, Stringer, Perkins, Redman what's their excuse and not just this week ???
He is not the problem personally but given his history of taking a while to get tuned up after injury lay offs the coach should have stuck to his word an played him in the VFL.

You know it's bad when the guy coming back in after ten weeks, who has been generally shit after coming back from injury for the last two years.... only plays 66% of the game and has the most tackles.

Worry more about how he goes against the swans and lions when he should be at 100% again than a game he wouldn't have played in if our coaching staff has any ****ing brains.

The problem is that he has a history of struggling the first couple of games. Not his fault but he should have played VFL (same with Gresham, Heppell and Perkins IMO)

The problem is that he has a history of struggling the first couple of games. Not his fault but he should have played VFL (same with Gresham, Heppell and Perkins IMO)
I agree but he doesn't select himself, this is an error at the selection table.

Just irks me that people jump on here and carry on as if he's the only problem.

I agree but he doesn't select himself, this is an error at the selection table.

Just irks me that people jump on here and carry on as if he's the only problem.
He is just an easy target. I reckon one thing most will agree on is that he should not have played, especially when we had a couple of match-fit, younger players who could have filled a similar roll.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back