Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

How the heck did he bust open the centre square like he did?

How does little Chappy with suss hammies do that but Zaka in his physical prime can't do anything of the sort?
It's not that he's particularly quick, he just knows where to run to get through packs.

big game player, showed why we brought him to the club in the first place
good, solid year in the home and away. tried to get us over the line (as did Goddard, our other experienced, finals seasoned recruit), unfortunately, enough players didn't follow.

definitely want him to play on next year

Last edited:
Repaid us in full on Saturday night.....a tough little son of a b*tch born to play finals.

Loves footy, will clearly play until he has nothing left...will go again next year.

a-frickin-men

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought he had a 2nd year option. And if he did. You reckon the club would consider that in the salary cap before recruiting guys.

Not too fussed. He was good in spurts (as expected) but he was seriously battling to raise a gallop in the second half of some games. Watched him a bit off the ball and he was completely shot.

Still think he was a pretty questionable recruit and I'm not sure what the club was trying to achieve, he gave his all though of course. He's not going to win a flag with us anyway.

I feel a bit the same about Cooney but we'll see how he goes.

Not too fussed. He was good in spurts (as expected) but he was seriously battling to raise a gallop in the second half of some games. Watched him a bit off the ball and he was completely shot.

Still think he was a pretty questionable recruit and I'm not sure what the club was trying to achieve, he gave his all though of course. He's not going to win a flag with us anyway.

I feel a bit the same about Cooney but we'll see how he goes.
He was easily our best player in the second half of the final (not that he had much competition). If the team intends to do some serious damage next season Chappy will help immensely.

Im laughing at the fact how Ralph actually wrote a mostly positive piece regarding Kavangh. He must be spewin' he missed another chance to slip a boot in writing about the alleged Chapman in-pass. I hope Chapman does stay btw but if he does stay (despite him being very good last year) he doesnt play 20 games. I doubt another club would consider his services if he were to nominate for the draft , so just sort this out Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back