Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

335250-north-melbourne-draftees.jpg

Kinda sad photo now.

Really shows how much work Cunners and J'Mac have done in the gym

Whoops. Bad wording again.

One of the blokes in the pic who's still with us is Ben10. Second is JMac. Who's the third still on the list?
You referring to the dude in between JMac and Kennedy?

Hey guys sorry for the random post but I was just wondering if anybody would care to share their thoughts on Basti as a player and his potential when playing at his best.
Strengths: Inside evasion, great hands, vision, endurance, can get forward for a goal.

Weaknesses: Pace, strength, repeat efforts.

He's a neat kick without being dangerous. Some would question his application to training and his physical development. Didn't seem to improve a great deal from when drafted.

He is best playing through the guts with stints on the wing and half forward. Does his best work in close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strengths: Inside evasion, great hands, vision, endurance, can get forward for a goal.

Weaknesses: Pace, strength, repeat efforts.

He's a neat kick without being dangerous. Some would question his application to training and his physical development. Didn't seem to improve a great deal from when drafted.

He is best playing through the guts with stints on the wing and half forward. Does his best work in close.
Thanks B Tron :thumbsu:

If it all clicks with Basti (I suspect this means he finally realises and commits to the workload requirement), he will be a gun.

I just think it wouldn't have clicked if he stayed with us.
From all reports he has been among our best this pre season but we will have to wait until the season proper to see if he has made any real improvement.

From all reports he has been among our best this pre season but we will have to wait until the season proper to see if he has made any real improvement.
Another negative is (according to someone earlier in the thread) that he's rather thick and "uncoachable" . Constantly had to be told by other players where to stand at stoppages etc.

Hey guys sorry for the random post but I was just wondering if anybody would care to share their thoughts on Basti as a player and his potential when playing at his best.

At his best I think he could average 20+ touches and a goal a game, at his worst he can be an unaccountable player who gets 12-13 useless touches.

If he can up his intensity and body strength while getting more midfield minutes with you guys he will be a solid pick up.

If you let him play on-ball most or all of the time he will be a solid, dependable player, not a star, but a staple of the team. If he has to try and play outside etc he'll be of little use. Best of luck to him but he's just not super versatile.

I thought he was quite good, Tom Bell overshadowed him but Basti handled himself well against a premiership caliber midfield.

Assume you meant quiet? He had a solid enough Starr, never expected him to pull a Dangerfield.
s**t yeah, spelling. As I said, found plenty of ball and he was solid but didn't stand out. I didn't expect him to however, he's a role player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back