Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

It used to be 50 games. Makes sense now with bidding too.
Yeah I know. When Jono Brown was picked up by Brisbane under the father son rule his old man had played 51 games for Fitzroy. Meanwhile Josh Kelly's Dad Phil had played 61 games for the Mighty NMFC but the rule had been changed to 100 games by the time Josh was drafted. It isn't very fair. :stern look

Yeah I know. When Jono Brown was picked up by Brisbane under the father son rule his old man had played 51 games for Fitzroy. Meanwhile Josh Kelly's Dad Phil had played 61 games for the Mighty NMFC but the rule had been changed to 100 games by the time Josh was drafted. It isn't very fair. :stern look
Wasnt scarlett the same or a geelong player or 2 from that era?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasnt scarlett the same or a geelong player or 2 from that era?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Scarlett's Old Man played well over 100 games but was picked up as a third rounder back in the olden days from memory. That's when you didn't have bidding and simply a free whack at around the 3rd round mark. We picked up Jesse Smith with a 3rd Rounder. The only time we got a gun father / son on the cheap. Sadly we know how that story ended. :stern look

This irks me
This whole wait and see what happens in October bullshit by the club isnt fair
We should have given him a direct yes or no response rather than deflate his confidence to the point of retirement

They did have a serious chat didn't they? (W69 and Scotts)

I got the impression that is really why he retired/the club retired him. If they were really keen for him to play next year they would have said so and it would have influenced his decision. They might have said wtte of "We'd want you if the trade stuff worked but that's probably only a 50/50 chance at this stage." That is pretty much a "We aren't gonna offer you another gig," without actually saying so at that point.

They did have a serious chat didn't they? (W69 and Scotts)

I got the impression that is really why he retired/the club retired him. If they were really keen for him to play next year they would have said so and it would have influenced his decision. They might have said wtte of "We'd want you if the trade stuff worked but that's probably only a 50/50 chance at this stage." That is pretty much a "We aren't gonna offer you another gig," without actually saying so at that point.
We did it to him last year and I feel W80 did the honorable thing and made the call himself.
Whether he continued on or not he would want to know now rather than in 2 months time and based on acquiring Gaff, Polec, etc we really couldnt give him a straight call.
Thats my gripe.

We did it to him last year and I feel W80 did the honorable thing and made the call himself.
Whether he continued on or not he would want to know now rather than in 2 months time and based on acquiring Gaff, Polec, etc we really couldnt give him a straight call.
Thats my gripe.
I just hope he doesn’t regret it in a couple of months.

Thats my gripe.

Maybe they told him he was less than 50% chance of a new contract whoever we trade in.

I dunno. I'm spewing he's gone tho. I'd love to have seen him jag a flag and we aren't that far off if we get these wings. He genuinely reminds me of my mate who was killed on his motorbike earlier this month. Looks very similar, uncannily so at times, and seems to be the same sort of smartarse - people like that are great to have around and bring other people together.

Maybe they told him he was less than 50% chance of a new contract whoever we trade in.

I dunno. I'm spewing he's gone tho. I'd love to have seen him jag a flag and we aren't that far off if we get these wings. He genuinely reminds me of my mate who was killed on his motorbike earlier this month. Looks very similar, uncannily so at times, and seems to be the same sort of smartarse - people like that are great to have around and bring other people together.
Something must have triggered it.
I mean his averages in the game he played was elite for a forward.

Sorry to hear about your mate.

With W80 I still maintain that if we get these blokes in and before the final list lodgements are done there might be one final call. Just one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. We get 15 games out of him , keep him fresh
You never hear about unreturing but I’d hope nmfc staff might just have a word if we get all the players we’re looking at

I agree. We get 15 games out of him , keep him fresh
You never hear about unreturing but I’d hope nmfc staff might just have a word if we get all the players we’re looking at
He knew at least one of who we are targeting. We haven't just been looking at these players since the end of the season.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Playing for SKOB’s.... will bloody dominate.

Playing alongside Jay Schulz if he too stays on. Christ!

Edit: Just checked with my cousin who's involved at SKOBS. He said Schulz has retired but they still have ex Pie Nathan Brown and are also expecting Floggard to join them. So much for the VAFA being for amateurs. I guess Old Xavs set the precedent and Collegians and now SKOBS have followed suit.

Last edited:
Playing alongside Jay Schulz if he too stays on. Christ!

Edit: Just checked with my cousin who's involved at SKOBS. He said Schulz has retired but they still have ex Pie Nathan Brown and are also expecting Floggard to join them. So much for the VAFA being for amateurs. I guess Old Xavs set the precedent and Collegians and now SKOBS have followed suit.
James Strauss (Ex dees) and Mitch Brown (Ex Eagles) play SKOBS also.

Collegians have got Michie (Ex dees, ex freo), George Burbury (Ex Cats) and Taylor Hunt (Tiges, Cats)

Maybe my Nathan Brown was indeed meant to read Nathan then. Cheers. I well remember the days when amateur clubs were filled with ex-students with the odd country kid who'd made his way to the big smoke for uni. Times have certainly changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back