Video Highlights 30 minutes of Royce Hart highlights now up online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Several observations...
Those thighs got thicker as he got older...
Had sticky fingers going for a mark...most were one grabs...
Head was still and always, always over the footy...
Beautiful left foot kicking action...poetry in motion...
And a bloody dead eye dick kicking for goal...
And those great white goal umpire coats!

Cheers. Great memories. The end of that package was great talking about all the kids with no. 4 on their back. Coincidentally I went to the footy with a mate last week, who've I've known for years, and out the blue, he asks me what no. I had on my back as kid. Had to think for a bit, I first remembered no. 16 on the duffel coat, but then remembered the no. 4 on the jumper for footy training. As a rover though, most identified with Kevin. When I was in my early 20s, Kevin joined my tennis club and used to see him a bit. Enjoyed that vid a lot - what an era!

Mentioned the heavy grounds didn't do his knees any favours and he was right as there were some real boggy grounds in those days. Great memories watching him and seeing all those famous VFL grounds we used to trot around to every Saturday. Cried he never got to 200 games , but his last season you could see his knees were shot with further injury midseason and he was never going to go around again. As he said he was scared of the knife. Played his last season in the backline to relieve him of the pain and nursing him through, but he still suffered injury. Great highlights and memories and thanks again rbartlett for all of your wonderful work.

Cheers. Great memories. The end of that package was great talking about all the kids with no. 4 on their back. Coincidentally I went to the footy with a mate last week, who've I've known for years, and out the blue, he asks me what no. I had on my back as kid. Had to think for a bit, I first remembered no. 16 on the duffel coat, but then remembered the no. 4 on the jumper for footy training. As a rover though, most identified with Kevin. When I was in my early 20s, Kevin joined my tennis club and used to see him a bit. Enjoyed that vid a lot - what an era!
When my local club started U11s I was eligible for just a year. Played CHF was allowed to wear No 4. And had the honour of captaining the team too. Clinton Casey was ruck & Rick McLean's younger brother played.

I am not a left footer but loved the idea of Hart like speccies.

Billy Barrot was still playing so it was Barrot to Hart in the backyard for me. I never had pace and stopped growing so I quit after U15s

Watching RFC during that Hafey era was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back