Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC, Peter Everitt had dreads for a time and he was pretty handy.

But then again, so did this guy :sternlook

courtney_johns.jpg

I didn't realise that having a laidback demeanor means that someone can't be a good footballer. Someone should go warn Brownlow medalist Dane Swan. :eek:
You are another one who missed the point. The point is it's fine to be laid back when you are a good natural footballer. But when you've only taken the game up 3 years ago, I have just expressed doubt whether someone as laidback as Braydon can learn the game to the point of being played at the highest level.
Not saying he definitely won't, but a doubt is based on the fact that most champion laidback footballers have always been natural at it, and most "recent converts" who have been successful were intense and elite athletes. Braydon is neither.

But let me reiterate - I very much hope he makes it and will support him all the way as I do with ALL North players.

You are another one who missed the point. The point is it's fine to be laid back when you are a good natural footballer. But when you've only taken the game up 3 years ago, I have just expressed doubt whether someone as laidback as Braydon can learn the game to the point of being played at the highest level.
Not saying he definitely won't, but a doubt is based on the fact that most champion laidback footballers have always been natural at it, and most "recent converts" who have been successful were intense and elite athletes. Braydon is neither.

But let me reiterate - I very much hope he makes it and will support him all the way as I do with ALL North players.

Could I perhaps suggest you're reading a bit too much to an 18 year old's first interview?

Could I perhaps suggest you're reading a bit too much to an 18 year old's first interview?
You may be right. But I am not judging his integrity, his footy ability or his honesty or any such thing. All I am saying is that some things are obvious from the interview - he is extremely laid back and he is not a "rhodes scholar". Does it rule him out as a player? Of course not! But I do see some doubt on him making it for the reasons in my previous post. That's all.

Gee, pretty simple point. Nothing against the kid - hope he makes it.

You may be right. But I am not judging his integrity, his footy ability or his honesty or any such thing. All I am saying is that some things are obvious from the interview - he is extremely laid back and he is not a "rhodes scholar". Does it rule him out as a player? Of course not! But I do see some doubt on him making it for the reasons in my previous post. That's all.

Gee, pretty simple point. Nothing against the kid - hope he makes it.

Pretty harsh to question his intelligence from his demeanor. I'd say I'm a pretty switched on guy. I excelled in year 11 & 12 and I was the top scoring student in every NAPLAN test I did in my k-10 school. However the smartest person I ever knew talked at a speed of about 5 words per minute (felt like it, anyway), couldn't speak publicly to save his live and lived on a rural property in Bishopsbourne, TAS.

I'm not going to claim Preuss is a genius because I don't know the guy. But to take his first interview and call him dumb is absolutely ridiculous.

Pretty harsh to question his intelligence from his demeanor. I'd say I'm a pretty switched on guy. I excelled in year 11 & 12 and I was the top scoring student in every NAPLAN test I did in my k-10 school. However the smartest person I ever knew talked at a speed of about 5 words per minute (felt like it, anyway), couldn't speak publicly to save his live and lived on a rural property in Bishopsbourne, TAS.

I'm not going to claim Preuss is a genius because I don't know the guy. But to take his first interview and call him dumb is absolutely ridiculous.
Once again, you may well be right.
All I have done is expressed doubt.

Personally, I enjoyed the interview. Odds-on it was first time in front of a mike and they were both having fun. And he obviously has a bit of fight and determination, because he hasn't given up on the dreads. He wants them back. Will be good to see him in action in the VFL next year.

Gee you some of you blokes are worse than chicks at overanalysing.

This bloke is a Mensa member with an iq of 160 and still sucks being interviewed despite having media training for the last 40 years. Don't read into somebody being hulled up in front of a camera and asked to talk.
Sylvester-Stallone1370273725.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, okay, the point has been made that you can be judged after a short first interview, rightly or wrongly.

The thing is, he's not a top 20 ND pick. He's a rookie. He's also the type of ruck prospect under 25 that we could hope for as a rookie pick.

So in the words of Saddam Hussein, "Rela~x."

This bloke is a Mensa member with an iq of 160 and still sucks being interviewed despite having media training for the last 40 years. Don't read into somebody being hulled up in front of a camera and asked to talk.
Shit that surprises me. Lundgren has a masters in chemical engineering from uni of Sydney and won a Fulbright scholarship to MIT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit that surprises me. Lundgren has a masters in chemical engineering from uni of Sydney and won a Fulbright scholarship to MIT.
It would've been interesting watching the crew on the set of rocky iv. A lot would've left scratching theirs heads. As soon as the cameras stopped rolling and Dolph and Sly starting talking.

It would've been interesting watching the crew on the set of rocky iv. A lot would've left scratching theirs heads. As soon as the cameras stopped rolling and Dolph and Sly starting talking.
Yep. I'd think I wasn't the dumbest bloke in the room for the first time in my life.

nek minnit

stallone smart.jpg

Watched him at training today. Was matched against Currie in the game simulation stuff and more than held his own in the ruck contests and outmarked Currie beautifully at one point. He doesn't have much of a vertical leap but he is very strong for a 19 year old and had a massive arse/hips so will be difficult to move off the spot at ball ups and throw ins. For a guy who hasn't played a great deal of footy he looks quite a prospect in the long term.

Watched him at training today. Was matched against Currie in the game simulation stuff and more than held his own in the ruck contests and outmarked Currie beautifully at one point. He doesn't have much of a vertical leap but he is very strong for a 19 year old and had a massive arse/hips so will be difficult to move off the spot at ball ups and throw ins. For a guy who hasn't played a great deal of footy he looks quite a prospect in the long term.
Time to ditch the american, albeit to TT's love fixation?

oh BT r u doing a write up on traing?

And with that Hazey1977 snapped awake out of hibernation.
I've been so inspired with all this pre season excitement that I've started a dead lifts n squats program for myself mate!!!!

(I've suffered from migraines n neck issues for years & was up to 24 days in a month on codeine based rubbish when I'd had enough n had the chance to visit Melb Muscular therapies n within a month the neck issues have resolved n I'm off the pain killers - just amazing the difference). Apologies for derailing the thread!

I've been so inspired with all this pre season excitement that I've started a dead lifts n squats program for myself mate!!!!

(I've suffered from migraines n neck issues for years & was up to 24 days in a month on codeine based rubbish when I'd had enough n had the chance to visit Melb Muscular therapies n within a month the neck issues have resolved n I'm off the pain killers - just amazing the difference). Apologies for derailing the thread!

Glad to hear it, funny how treating the root cause (TT likes this) can sometimes help resolve the root cause.

Acme Pharmaceuticals doesn't like this

Actually has recorded a standing vertical leap of 85cm + at academy testing. Maybe been that big he hasnt had much call to use it or still needs to learn how ?

Slightly concerned re comments on his arse, getting a bit worried there for you mate.

Actually has recorded a standing vertical leap of 85cm + at academy testing. Maybe been that big he hasnt had much call to use it or still needs to learn how ?
No shit?

Curious as to why he doesn't appear to use it on field at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back