Past 31. Tom Williamson

Remove this Banner Ad

I always believed in Willo as a prospect, still can't quite understand how it never clicked for him at AFL level.

The Carlton supporter in me is saddened to see Willo go, but the rest of me is so happy for him. A decision like that would have been incredibly difficult to make but it could also, hopefully, be extremely liberating. Taking back control of your life is often the first step in recovery in terms of mental health, and I would suspect it's virtually impossible to do that properly amidst the rigid structures of an AFL football club.

Go well Willo. And may you continue to stalk Callum Mills in his nightmares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Tom, you deserve to be in a much better space than the one it seems you wound up in. I hope things turn around quickly for you, but be patient with yourself!

I always believed in Willo as a prospect, still can't quite understand how it never clicked for him at AFL level.
I can understand when you listen to the battlers connected to clubland conversations: had more labels slapped on his potential than a day past expiry pack of bacon in the clearance aisle.

Bunch of delusional old clowns writing him out of his best position without any real solutions or insight. Sport and entertainment is filled with ****wits like these, and they stop so many talented people from reaching anything like their potential by piling on and overwhelming them.

So round of applause to all of them, ****ing outstanding work. 👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back