Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

With Nank and Soldo still relatively young, grooming another key forward is a great move with Jack probably only having 1 more season after this. Everyone was like “not another ruck” when we drafted this guy but perhaps the recruiters saw a key forward
As long as he puts some weight on. Otherwise it will be "not another Liam McBean" :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he might be 25 or 26 now......

"100 GAMES!!!
Congratulations to Jacob Simpson, our superstar ruckman, who will play his 100th senior Maroochydore game at Surfers Paradise this weekend.
Simmo, a gentle giant who never seems to run out of legs or leap, has been with the Roos since Colts, is a dual premiership player and has represented SEQ 3 times.
Well done Jacob on a wonderful footy career so far, we are so grateful to have you! 👏🏼👏🏼💛💚"

View attachment 1067470

Genuine hidden gem that bloke. Best big man going around in QLD including both rucks playing VFL for Aspley and Southport.

If Gold Coast Suns are fair dinkum, they would grab him in the mid-season draft.

Could step into the AFL and play in the ruck tomorrow.

Genuine hidden gem that bloke. Best big man going around in QLD including both rucks playing VFL for Aspley and Southport.

If Gold Coast Suns are fair dinkum, they would grab him in the mid-season draft.

Can we give them Chol instead

Well both Samson & Cj need to be considered to be the 3rd head of the 3 headed monster foward line

We have attempted to continue with our current set up but teams are proving with the new rules a 3 tall foward line is working best

Samson may just get his chance soon

Surely CCJ should be miles ahead, save for that indiscretion, which was non-football.

I’m liking how this guy’s tracking so far. Kicked about 10 goals so far this year I think. Gives us another potential forward option.
Just gotta wait until dimma moves on to get a look at him cos he doesn't play 2nd rucks :rolleyes:

During the broadcast they compared him to hipwood. Not a bad comparison.

Since when did the mid season draft include drafting contracted listed AFL players , get a grip of the rules ffs, it can’t be that hard

I’m liking how this guy’s tracking so far. Kicked about 10 goals so far this year I think. Gives us another potential forward option.
Bloody fantastic progress , considering callow that everyone raves about is playing in sanfl and averaging <2 a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back