Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Dark days to come if he is our future #1 ruck.

Really should have been delisted at the end of this season. Heads should roll for his contact extension.
The absolute gold standard of how not to negotiate contracts.
Odds of 30-1 he makes it to 50 games.
500-1 for 100 games.
Write your own ticket on 120 or beyond.

Dodson will go 1st or 2nd round. No club would even be interested with what Ryan has shown. We’ve got ourselves a backup ruck for the VFL. I hope it wasn’t Yze who asked for him to be signed. If so he has no clue.
this article is speculation more than factual, and was written prior to him signing on. But if they were to come knocking I’d trade him.
Re Dodson, you’d consider him, if we trade in multiple 1st and 2R picks.
And assuming he’s committed to AFL and doesn’t go back to basketball

Last edited:

Dark days to come if he is our future #1 ruck.

Really should have been delisted at the end of this season. Heads should roll for his contact extension.
Hold your horses, he's still a beanpole.

Look at Xerri for Norf, he was a nothing player until this year, his 7th season. Now he's probably going to be the starting AA ruck. He is 2 years older than Samson.

Newborn giraffes are up and walking within minutes

This guy plays like he didn’t learn to walk till he was 10
Brilliant :tearsofjoy:

I’m perplexed too, as to how he has earned a contract extension.

I did see his name mentioned earlier in trade whispers ( Brisbane).

Contracts mean sfa , if Brisbane or GC were to come knocking this trade period, and I was Blair, I’d be signing on the dotted line as soon as the offer hit the table.

He was being outreached, outbodied, by smaller opponents yesterday and generally running around like a headless chook.

Trade him and use the pick to take Dodson or another ruck prospect.
If I was Blair, and Brisbane or GC was coming, I'd meet them on the tarmac. He'd struggle to take a mark in a high school lunchtime kick to kick session.

Hold your horses, he's still a beanpole.

Look at Xerri for Norf, he was a nothing player until this year, his 7th season. Now he's probably going to be the starting AA ruck. He is 2 years older than Samson.

Xerri is only 1 year older than Samson. SAMSON IS ****ING 24 IN A FEW MONTHS. How long can we actually wait.

Xerri is only 1 year older than Samson. SAMSON IS ****ING 24 IN A FEW MONTHS. How long can we actually wait.
He's 20 months older to be exact, but 3 more years in the AFL system.

Yeah he's nearly 24 but look at the guy, he's a weed still. I won't be writing him off until late 2026, he should be physically ready by then.

I just wish we were playing him in the ruck in the VFL every week instead of destroying his confidence playing him out of position in the AFL.

Yeah he's nearly 24 but look at the guy, he's a weed still. I won't be writing him off until late 2026, he should be physically ready by then.

I just wish we were playing him in the ruck in the VFL every week instead of destroying his confidence playing him out of position in the AFL.
I think TT was responsible for the 3 year extension.

I would expect a professional athlete to have a bit mental resilience, rather than crumble and say it's too hard!

Before the afl stopped publishing player weight, he was listed at 108kegs. He has no core strength and his body shaped hasnt changed much at all with 4 preseasons. Thats the biggest disappointment for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newborn giraffes are up and walking within minutes

This guy plays like he didn’t learn to walk till he was 10
San Diego Zoo Giraffe GIF by Storyful

Who is better, Samson Ryan or Liam Mcbean?

Mate I'll put $1,000 on him playing another 27 games at 30/1 odds without hesitation

Regardless. How many of his future games will he be adequate in much less good? I'm not convinced he could take a contested grab if he lined up at half time against the Auskids. Most have a bigger ticker and at least launch with 2 hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back