Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon hed be at 100kgs already which is the concerning part he should be way more physically capable. Remember him getting ragdolled by undersized defenders.
If in fact he is 100kgs I would agree with ur statement & be concerned…

I reckon hed be at 100kgs already which is the concerning part he should be way more physically capable. Remember him getting ragdolled by undersized defenders.
If he is 100kgs at this point, it's mainly to do with his height, rather than size or strength.

Weight doesn't mean anything if you can't use it.

I saw him before the last game walking across from PR, and was actually surprised to see how slim his upper body appeared to be.

Which is a worry now, but also says there is massive room for improvement if he lives in the gym for the next 4 months!

If he is 100kgs at this point, it's mainly to do with his height, rather than size or strength.

I saw him before the last game walking across from PR, and was actually surprised to see how slim his upper body appeared to be.

Which is a worry now, but also says there is massive room for improvement if he lives in the gym for the next 4 months!
He also doesn't look like a bloke that has that "Surprise" strength. He needs to work on his core so he doesnt get rag dolled and then work on his explosive efforts to push away opposition. For a player that had a good patch in 2022, he hasn't gone up.

You have to assume hes atleast done the minimum amount of gym session per week so he's not 100kg of gut. It might be that hes been told to focus solely on improving his tank and leave the strength and weight gains largely to nature at this stage but as we saw this year there's no point having a tank if Nick Watson can hold you out in a marking contest.

He needs to go on the gear .

Hope he's on the 'Sizzler' diet and he's put on 5 kgs already.

Never gunna be a stylish Simon Maddern type but hopefully he can be a bang and crash feared ruckman in the Mark Lee mould. I'm backing him in.

I would be happy with a Justin Madden as that is an improvement on what we have.

Last edited:
Let's be honest time, muscle, whatever won't change the fact he's weak as p1ss, can't mark, useless when below the knees, barely touches it and most likely is a bust and his 3 year deal is a farce. Naismith and Colina gone, Nanks bodies failing. Will need to poach a mature age stop gap ruckman and draft a long term prospect. Ryan is magoos and depth.... nothing more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back