Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first decision we've made this off-season, along with Will Walker if he doesn't get a contract, that I completely disagree with. Ed's far too good and far too smart a player to not be on an AFL list. I would have given him another year on the rookie list at the very least, and I would have thought that even that would be harsh on him.

In saying that, I'm also not surprised. I think his papers were stamped when we brought in both Corr and Young given that he would have been competing for a role with those guys.
I like the man too, but the difference between BF and the list management team is that they have access to his athletic testing, which may well show some deterioration post-injury. Same I suspect with Majak

Ed showed so much potential before he was hit by so many weird injuries.
I thought he showed composure and footy smarts when he got a run of games.
In 2020 he never quite got back to where he was but our backline was under constant pressure.
Ed put in so much around the club and his efforts should be greatly appreciated.
Good luck Ed - you deserve some!

I like the man too, but the difference between BF and the list management team is that they have access to his athletic testing, which may well show some deterioration post-injury. Same I suspect with Majak
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed because I think he can seriously play and he seems like a genuinely outstanding human being. But I have complete faith in our current list management team and the strategy that they've outlined.

Surely no one is remotely surprised by this call. will be 25 next year and will have 21 games against his name at seasons start.
Not sure he ever had pace and agility, but we can be sure he doesn't have any now. A great fella without doubt, but won't be missed on field. geebus you'd be nervous at North with a year to go on a contract.

Surely no one is remotely surprised by this call. will be 25 next year and will have 21 games against his name at seasons start.
Not sure he ever had pace and agility, but we can be sure he doesn't have any now. A great fella without doubt, but won't be missed on field. geebus you'd be nervous at North with a year to go on a contract.

Dom Tyson?

Yeah, he's been definitely cruelled across the last few seasons but this choice was coin flip stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel bad for Ed but look forward to him returning to buy the club outright once he surpasses Elon Musk on the rich list.

All the best to ya Ed. :thumbsu:

Cashed former players and administrators holding controlling interests in the North Melbourne Football Club.

Trying to recall where I've seen this before..

Really liked him when he was able to get on the park. Thought he was going to be a essential part of our backline going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back