Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up a couple of coaches votes from Sunday's game.

10 Callum Mills (SYD)
5 Kane Lambert (RICH)
4 Jayden Short (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
3 Jack Graham (RICH)
3 Robbie Fox (SYD)
2 Kamdyn McIntosh (RICH)

Yes, my brain works in weird ways, but I like to break these down....can't tell who voted for who, but...

Lambert and Short must both have received 4 voted from one coach and not much from the other (Lambert 1, Short 0)...a fair discrepancy in the coaches opinions it would seem.

Oh, and on topic, Kmac received 2 and 0.

Yes, my brain works in weird ways, but I like to break these down....can't tell who voted for who, but...

Lambert and Short must both have received 4 voted from one coach and not much from the other (Lambert 1, Short 0)...a fair discrepancy in the coaches opinions it would seem.

That is a big variation in the votes. It also means that two of Vlastuin, Graham or Fox were rated 3rd best, but ignored by the other coach. Oh well - it's all opinion.

2 from Horse who apparently used Kmac as their 23rd man.

was calling for him to come in earlier in the year and he is playing well. a fit, big bodied winger whos not slow and is a good kick (who goes for the 1/100 kick too often). caddy or marlion were never replacing ellis's role

Let’s not get carried away. He was horrendous in his first two games this season. Would have probably been dropped if not for all forced changes.

But I will give him credit, he was very good on Sunday.

I still think we have much better options to play the wing role though.

Hallelujah hooray he had a decent game at last. One can expect a return an imminent return to abject mediocrity posthaste.

He is just a battler and there is no justification for him getting games.Geez 24 disposals you could probably count on your fingers the number of times he has had more than 20 disposals in a game.Hes a big bodied 192cm player and he is constantly poor in areas he should revel in.
12 contested possessions not bad for a bloke who averages under 5 a game.
FMD i mean to say he has taken just 27 contested marks in his entire career. he lays very few tackles in games he hardly wins a clearance but hey he runs in straight lines and runs hard lol.That doesnt excuse the poor kicking and the constant fumbling.

We are going backwards playing blokes like him and thats despite him having the odd good game here or there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hallelujah hooray he had a decent game at last. One can expect a return an imminent return to abject mediocrity posthaste.

He is just a battler and there is no justification for him getting games.Geez 24 disposals you could probably count on your fingers the number of times he has had more than 20 disposals in a game.Hes a big bodied 192cm player and he is constantly poor in areas he should revel in.
FMD i mean to say he has taken just 27 contested marks in his entire career. he lays very few tackles in games he hardly wins a clearance but hey he runs in straight lines and runs hard lol.That doesnt excuse the poor kicking and the constant fumbling.

We are going backwards playing blokes like him and thats despite him having the odd good game here or there.

Mopsy, you're always worth reading for the chuckles. Don't let what they say change you.

On Kmac. He's what he is. A player with more mongrel than skill. But he's still a guy I like seeing play for us. Maybe that says more about me than anything.

coaches were unaminous on mills, lambo 4/1 and vloss 2/1 only.

Mopsy, you're always worth reading for the chuckles. Don't let what they say change you.

On Kmac. He's what he is. A player with more mongrel than skill. But he's still a guy I like seeing play for us. Maybe that says more about me than anything.
we needed a reasonably sized fit runner, and he is pretty tough. not everyone can be the most skilled but we needed some of those qualities.

OK Mopsy, I have just read through every post you have written since 2016 and done an exercise to exclude every player from the team you described as sh1t, or put an “FMD” in a post about them or asked a rhetorical question like “how many shocking games does this clown have to play before we get rid of him forever?” I have done similar for the off field staff and come up with the following team and support staff from what remains.

B. Grimes Rance
HB. no qualifying personnel
C. Martin
HF. no qualifying personnel
FF. Lynch
Rucks no qualifying personnel
i/c no qualifying personnel.

When you look at it, apart from the slight issue of needing to play 4 against 18 with no rotations, that is a pretty decent team, you would expect it to contend.

Head Coach: Blake Caracella
Assistant Coaches(to be known as Blake’s Seven)
Dude in charge of holding whiteboard up at breaks: Guiseppe Mamone
Backline coach: no qualifying personnel
Mids coach: no qualifying personnel
Forwards coach: no qualifying personnel
Transition coach: no qualifying personnel
Tackling coach: no qualifying personnel
Stoppage coach: no qualifying personnel

Selectors: Mopsy

Head of Footy: Neil Balme

Recruiters in charge of high draft picks: No qualifying personnel
Recruiters in charge of low draft picks: Williams

President: Bruce Monteath
CEO: Bryan Wood

No doubt whatsoever that would have done better than our measly 2 premierships and one minor premiership over the last 3 seasons Mopsy. 😁

Pretty sure Dimma made a comment about selection last week or the week before about how we'd dropepd a few more talented players in favor of thoe who would fill their role.

KMac is a player who fills a role.

5-5

4-1

0-4

3-0
0-3
1-2

2-0

Some decent highlights there. The game he tore Judd a new one, the soccer pass to dusty in the wet against the druggos and his three snags against the poos and wees in the final.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back