Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

No point being a gut runner if you actually don't have a positive impact on the contest.

Don't get me wrong, I love what he has given the club over the years, seems like a ripping lad, would love to have a beer with him...

But we are only hanging onto him due to sentiment, not what he brings to the table as a footballer (anymore anyway).
Judging our movements over past few weeks doesn’t seem like sentiment to me. KMAC is a break glass type of player. He will come back and be in the top couple of trials and set a high training standard. He is the exact type of player you need to help lead on the training track. IF he gets game that’s hardly his fault the way posters are making it out to be. As other posters have stated he’ll drive others to push past him. The perfect win/win in my eyes and will be earning **** all whilst doing it. Do I think his first choice? **** no. Do I think he is handy to have around the place? 100%

Last edited:
Judging our movements over past few weeks doesn’t seem like sentiment to me. KMAC is a break glass type of player. He will come back and be in the top couple of trials and set a high training standard. He is the exact type of player you need to help lead on the training track. IF he gets game that’s hardly his fault the way posters are making it out to be. As other posters have stated he’ll drive others to push past him. The perfect win/win in my eyes and will be earning ** all whilst doing it. Do I think his first choice? ** no. Do I think he is handy to have around the place? 100%
Everything you said, plus the fact he will do everything asked by the coach to the best of his ability, which couldn't be said of quite a few this year.
I think a lot on here forget we aren't playing afl fantasy, there are more things going on than what you see on a stats sheet.
You need good club men that help with culture and environment, experience and personality.
I do hope he doesn't play every game as that means there are youngsters not pushing past him.

Has stuck around playing VFL and earning his spot back every time.
He played one VFL game halfway through the season. One. And he hardly earned his spot back. He played one good quarter in the VFL and was straight back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back