Senior 33. Shannon Neale (2021-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Excited for our next 2 talls to come through in Neale and Conway.

As well as SDK who’s already played. We’ve potentially found the KP Pillars for the future.

I think the day he was drafted they slapped that nickname on him. They'd have told him
Im sure Scratcher was done well before Neale was born and he aint a red head.

GO Catters

Shannon Neale looks more like a KPF than a ruck at the moment to me.
He has a nice kicking action and moves well for a 202 cm player.
He can take a decent grab too.

Shannon Neale looks more like a KPF than a ruck at the moment to me.
He has a nice kicking action and moves well for a 202 cm player.
He can take a decent grab too.

They've been paying him predominantly as a kpf in the 2s of in not mistaken. I think they've been on this bandwagon since the start of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has a local missus now if his insta is anything to go by.

I think he'll get more games next year and sign on.
A good possibility early in the season if Hawkins' pre-season is delayed through his surgery.

We will know this season of his capabilities. Can see him getting 5-10 games in the seniors, form depending, and injuries in the team. I'd rest Hawkins to 15 games, and give this guy around 5-10 if we can. We need to see where he is at.

Wanted to note for historical reference the level of dedication to physical training young scratcher has. I followed his insta since he was drafted. Every break to see the family he is there smashing out sessions with this bodymajic guy. You can see his body shape changing over time. He just does not stop training.

Juggernaut

Wanted to note for historical reference the level of dedication to physical training young scratcher has. I followed his insta since he was drafted. Every break to see the family he is there smashing out sessions with this bodymajic guy. You can see his body shape changing over time. He just does not stop training.

Juggernaut

Not on IG but from the links and bits ive seen he's focused as much as anyone and also putting in as much as he can to be the best he can be.. or better.

So IMO if he doesn't make it, it wont be for a lack of trying or effort. Seems like a top bloke to boot and as they, a character type you'd want around.

Combine with the natural skills and ability.... im really keen to see where he's at by the time his current contract is up.

I reckon 12 games in 24 is a minimum.

GO Catters

Big year for Neale....I've Been a bit negative towards him but I do hope he can string some games together. He needs to kick some goals though. I'm talking 20+ any less and he can move on
I understand your worries but I find backing young players rather than doubting them less stressful.

Some new recruits just announce themselves. Stengle, Close, OHenry being examples. We all know reasonably early that they have what it takes and it's just lack of application that could see them off.

Others have more to do.

Zuthrie is an example where not writing him off ( or exaggerating his ability ) has allowed me to enjoy his transition to best 23. JHenry too.

I have backed some who eventually were delisted. GH-Smith is one. After a great game v Sydney at the SCG, I thought I had seen a future 150+ gamer . Not to be...

It's harder to remember players who looked awful early but made it.

I watched GAJ at Docklands in his first senior game and Essendon supporters noted at full voice during the game that " you wouldn't be getting a game if your name wasn't Ablett". One the way home I had big doubts about him as an AFL player. But that was one game.

Ling was another.

Neale has played 3 games. He has this year and I reckon at least one more to cement a place in the best 22. The good bit is if he does step up we can remain in contention this year and for quite a few more.

Anyway roll on season 2024.

On SM-G930U using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand your worries but I find backing young players rather than doubting them less stressful.

Some new recruits just announce themselves. Stengle, Close, OHenry being examples. We all know reasonably early that they have what it takes and it's just lack of application that could see them off.

Others have more to do.

Zuthrie is an example where not writing him off ( or exaggerating his ability ) has allowed me to enjoy his transition to best 23. JHenry too.

I have backed some who eventually were delisted. GH-Smith is one. After a great game v Sydney at the SCG, I thought I had seen a future 150+ gamer . Not to be...

It's harder to remember players who looked awful early but made it.

I watched GAJ at Docklands in his first senior game and Essendon supporters noted at full voice during the game that " you wouldn't be getting a game if your name wasn't Ablett". One the way home I had big doubts about him as an AFL player. But that was one game.

Ling was another.

Neale has played 3 games. He has this year and I reckon at least one more to cement a place in the best 22. The good bit is if he does step up we can remain in contention this year and for quite a few more.

Anyway roll on season 2024.

On SM-G930U using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like the optimism and you're right it's beSt to have a bit of optimism with the young guys, makes supporting them easier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back