Traded 34. Joshua Walker (2011-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2010 Rookie Draft selection no. 23 - Joshua Walker

That's still shorter than Bartel...below 190cm basically means they can not play KP in the modern game.

It all depends on how good they are.

I seem to remember a bloke who spent some of his career at full forward and he is reported to have only been 185cm tall.

He won three Coleman medals breaking the 100 goal mark each time and kicked over 1000 goals in his career.

Ummm. His name has slipped me at the moment.

That's still shorter than Bartel...below 190cm basically means they can not play KP in the modern game.

The kids only 18, probably will grow 3-5cm more, they can grow till about 21 you know, could be 188cm as the season starts, thats Steve J's height. Plenty tall enough for a flanker type.
This kids' supposed to have talent to burn, so, interesting rookie IMO.

I seem to remember a bloke who spent some of his career at full forward and he is reported to have only been 185cm tall.

He won three Coleman medals breaking the 100 goal mark each time and kicked over 1000 goals in his career.

Hmmmm ... and here I was thinking Spinksy was taller than that!

Which is why my post clearly said in the modern game. 185cm ruckmen were all the rage once upon a time, as well.

This is the best news all draft, apart from the fact we drafted another Falcon... Josh will be a gun.

Just a shame his grandfather didn't get to see him play his first game in the hoops. Even as he was dying he watched him play on a laptop in bed.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2010/07/09/189851_news.html

Mrs Walker said her husband took a keen interest in anything his nine grandchildren did.

"Pete loved to see Josh play for the Geelong Falcons. On Sunday, he felt well enough to watch the first quarter of Victoria Country's match where Josh took three marks and kicked two goals."

This is the best news all draft, apart from the fact we drafted another Falcon... Josh will be a gun.

Just a shame his grandfather didn't get to see him play his first game in the hoops. Even as he was dying he watched him play on a laptop in bed.

Mrs Walker said her husband took a keen interest in anything his nine grandchildren did.

"Pete loved to see Josh play for the Geelong Falcons. On Sunday, he felt well enough to watch the first quarter of Victoria Country's match where Josh took three marks and kicked two goals."

Which is why my post clearly said in the modern game. 185cm ruckmen were all the rage once upon a time, as well.

You are not seriously going to suggest that the mid 90's do not count as "the modern game'.

That was a great article Riz, had forgotten because it is so long ago since I read it, but twas' a great piece.

And it is great to have Josh on board in the hoops, as Wells said he wasn't picked just because he was a Walker, he was picked because he's had a great year, but it does warm the heart too :thumbsu: I do think he's a real talent, so here's hoping he makes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he deleted me :thumbsdown:

Try not to take it personally.

When the kids are brought in and given induction etc they're told to be very careful about their use of social networking sites in terms of what they say and put out there, and being friends with the general public etc...

Try not to take it personally.

When the kids are brought in and given induction etc they're told to be very careful about their use of social networking sites in terms of what they say and put out there, and being friends with the general public etc...

Yeah he deleted all but 30 or 40 friends i think

Yeah he deleted all but 30 or 40 friends i think

Wouldn't surprise me.

The clubs ride the players pretty hard about use of internet now because the media tends to jump on any little thing. Just trying to get them to be really careful.

Look at the heights of KPP and Ruckmen then compared to now and you'll see my point.

Ablett was often smaller than his opponents.

He was just friggen better than them.

Josh has requested a trade to the Brisbane Lions.

We wish Josh all the best. Sad to see a bloke that bled for the club need to leave for more chances but that is modern footy I guess.

Good luck Josh.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back