Player Watch #34 Matthew Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

So impressive that Robbo has held his spot pretty much all year. I didn't really see him coming even though I knew he had had a sensational pre-season and looked like he meant business. We've found a way to weaponise his cool composure and penetrating kicking. ✅ It's striking to see Lloyd tossing him the ball at kick-in - massive vote of confidence from the coaches.

Now that the dust is settling after our last off-season it seems Robbo and JJ have survived (and thrived) - together with Cunningham and Fox (who some thought were vulnerable) - whereas things are a bit more clouded for Adams and Wicks. Things are decidedly overcast for the likes of Hamling and Ladhams - back up only. Early on in the season it was hard to tell which of those players would make seniors and which would have to make way. Wicks is out right now because of suspension but his form fell away a bit and Cleary's two full games applied a blowtorch. (I wouldn't be surprised if Wicks departs in the off-season after a difficult year. I hope he stays. If Wicks and Konstanty both go that leaves us with very limited depth in that position. Wicks' best is good - but he suffers with consistency and discipline.)

Come back well from mid season leg issue.

Team mates need to help him out with comms on Saturday. Been caught unsuspectingly holding the ball a few times - can’t afford costly turnovers.

After slow start Swan from wine country matures nicely​

PF01SyPA24CS054165985.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34 Matthew Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back