Player Watch #34 Matthew Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Already as good, if not better, one-on-one than Jake but nowhere near the exit skills yet. Another season - who knows.
Look a few years ahead:
McCartin
Edwards/Melican
Mills
Snell
Blakey
Roberts/Florent
Mystery small lockdown defender.
Snedwards are gonna become the new Grundy-Richards & Bolton-Barry and I'm going to be insufferable about them.

You may be correct but considering he has played 26 career games, 5 as sub, you'd have to think his progress has been very good and that he has a lot of improvement left in him, even on a game by game basis.
There was a time when Rampe was a weak spot in our defense.

I remember an interview with a former Hawk player and Calrko had instructed to always go through Rampe when heading into the 50

There was a time when Rampe was a weak spot in our defense.

I remember an interview with a former Hawk player and Calrko had instructed to always go through Rampe when heading into the 50
We still have weak spots in defenCe , but so do most other contenders . Just enjoy this emerging star for us

His skills under pressure is impressive, he fired a handball & had excellent kicks when the opposition was closing in on him. The handball through traffic was like a bullet.

On that we agree ferociously.
If I recall he was expected to go a lot higher in his draft year but got injured. Played a lot in the SANFL with men. Bit of a bargain it seems.
I imagine he will win BF YPOTY and the club Rising Star. Richly deserved.

I reckon he might be Most Improved and Cleary could be the Rising Star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he might be Most Improved and Cleary could be the Rising Star.

Not sure Cleary will have played enough games to be the Rising star. What will he be up to maybe 5-6 at most and that's if he isn't omitted which I feel he will when the players return

Needed a bump at the very least for his performances over the last 3 weeks!

No fuss reliable defender

Even when we were getting flogged he was one of the 2 or 3 that performed well. Jeez he uses the ball well.

I dunno why he isn't favourite.

Dempsey is also a 3rd year player and is older than Roberts, and it isn't like he has had a Daicos level season.

Wardlaw will win it anyway he’s an outstanding talent to be fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34 Matthew Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back