Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Jefferson is ready to compete at the level required just yet. The options aren’t great but it’s a big ask of a lightweight first year forward to be a top 2 fwd50 target. He’ll get shifted off the ball too easily. Would need to be part of a wider solution to spread the targets around more. It was something like 10 Petty, 5 JVR when Petty went off today. It’s probably Smith forward and Tomlison back or Grundy until Fritsch is back and can thrive in this game style.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd love them to give Jefferson a crack but Goody is wayyyyyyyyy too conservative to entertain that idea.
It's not conservative, it's the fact he's still way off in terms of physicality to play at senior level.

At VFL level he bobs up for a goal in spurts but goes missing far too long in periods of time. He's still getting out bodied fairly easily even against VFL standard/suburban defenders.

It's not a knock on the kid at all because he's certainly got glimpse of talent but asking to compete at AFL level is too big of an ask on a kids that's simply not ready.

JVR was far more ready and physically advanced last year compared to what MJ is now and yet they played it pretty conservative with him. If JVR couldn't get a game last year with our forward woes then no way are they sending Jefferson out there.

Casey KPF Power Rankings (covering for Petty & Fritta, IMO):

1. Shache
2. TMac
3. BBBrown
4. Jefferson

I genuinely think there's a strong chance we see the first three play a game each before finals. Hope not, but think it is a chance.

I hope you're right, but panic players tend to remain, Jimmy Toumpas and OMac were similar early and nothing changed.

Me comparing him to the Toump and OMac, handing in my always right gang member membership :$

How good is this poster? If only there was a gang he could be a part of that was always right
Eerie! Wonder if this happened around the time Petty played forward for a month. August 2019, wasn't it?

Man goody must have listened to me quick then
Nah I'm with Tulip on this one. Calling for Petty to be a permanent forward while he was kicking bags down there in 2019 is not ARG quality.

Calling for it throughout 2020-2022 is a bit more worthy imo.

And I say this as someone with skin in the game.
Petty is a better forward than weid

Nah I'm with Tulip on this one. Calling for Petty to be a permanent forward while he was kicking bags down there in 2019 is not ARG quality.

Mate I've practically got Petty tattooed forward on my forehead

Saying anyone was a better forward than Weid during that time period isn't exactly always right gang member material seeing how we all knew Weid absolutely sucked by then :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying anyone was a better forward than Weid during that time period isn't exactly always right gang member material seeing how we all knew Weid absolutely sucked by then :p
There was actually that brief moment in 2020 when he looked like he was finally arriving but it only lasted a month unfortunately.

Yeah, vs Hawthorn at GWS's ground.
If he couldn't get on the scoreboard he was crashing packs and giving Kozzy a chance to run onto the loose ball. Then decided he didn't like contact anymore and we never saw it again.

Then decided he didn't like contact anymore and we never saw it again.

He did decide that. :sweatsmile:

Woke up one day and said "Nup, no more contact for me, sick of it" ...#bravedecision

He did decide that. :sweatsmile:

Woke up one day and said "Nup, no more contact for me, sick of it" ...#bravedecision
Glancing at his stats through 2020. Looks like he left his balls in Cairns.

Mate I've practically got Petty tattooed forward on my forehead
Does it look weird now that you have the word “drop” removed from the beginning and “that soft prick” from the end

Does it look weird now that you have the word “drop” removed from the beginning and “that soft prick” from the end
He's gonna have to go at least 3 years without crying before the soft prick goes

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back