AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 586397

Mr Hollywood. Trains in socks...
I4iv.gif

....and plays beach volleyball barefoot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Important is this guy to to the team?

Could turn into our best man marker. Markers/taggers will make a comeback or become more frequently used in the next year or two.

I reckon playing him as a Mark Baguley (defense role) replacement makes a lot of sense. He's got the discipline and the pace to go with the small forwards and stick to them, is pretty good in the air and has a physical presence. Having him there will free up McKenna and Saad to do more offensive stuff. His kicking hasn't been a strength so far and lockdown small defender is a role where you can get away with that a bit. I don't think his kicking is a lost cause, just more something for him to work on.

Most importantly it frees up McGrath to play midfield, which we do need long term.

2 handballs and a tackle from 81% TOG.

Was a rubbish selection to pick him over Parish on Friday and its proven to be a rubbish selection today.

I don't get it. He doesn't have any attributes that are remotely above average AFL standard. Doesn't get to anywhere enough contests a player in his position should. Putting your head over the ball once or twice a game isn't an attribute that should get you AFL games.

I don't get it. He doesn't have any attributes that are remotely above average AFL standard. Doesn't get to anywhere enough contests a player in his position should. Putting your head over the ball once or twice a game isn't an attribute that should get you AFL games.

Did you see that first? Gotta be worth a 3 year contract extension.

Nah gone past Parish. Gun.

Guelfi over Parish has nothing to do with the loss to GWS. Parish was poor in the JLT games and would have only added to our misery.
Disagree. Strongly.

Parish in adds another 15 goals to the team, at a minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back