Traded #35: Tom Hislop

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 35. Tom Hislop

Are you saying he likes to go out on the town and have a drink, or worse? Or are you implying his attitude to training and preparation are not up to scratch?

If it was the first I'd be concerned, if it was the second, I believe this is something that some kids take longer to develop. And at his age I wouldn't be OVERLY concerned about. Or are you talking about something different all together?

You may not be overly concerned about it but the coach is hence the current situation with his contract. Lets just say the clubs evaluation of the situation and Hislops thoughts on the situation are in different suburbs.
As far as the second goes, if you can not get this right under Knights then you are finished. Profesionalism and Preperation is what the list is going to be about and if you cant get with the program, well you can hit the road ;)

No chance in hell he'll be traded or let go by the club.

Once again the rumour mill starts on somebody and people try and find any angle to make it sound as if they know what they are talking about.

A person who's got a never die attitude on the field can always have his off field stuff sorted out.

You may not be overly concerned about it but the coach is hence the current situation with his contract. Lets just say the clubs evaluation of the situation and Hislops thoughts on the situation are in different suburbs.

Is this fact or an assumption?

No chance in hell he'll be traded or let go by the club.

Once again the rumour mill starts on somebody and people try and find any angle to make it sound as if they know what they are talking about.

A person who's got a never die attitude on the field can always have his off field stuff sorted out.

You can belive what you wan't Kelvin.
How often have i been way out of the ball park when it comes to these issues ?
A person has to recognize they have a problem before it can be fixed ;)

Is this fact or an assumption?

Well if they where on the same page as far as the contract goes it would have been signed by now ;):)

so ant in your opinion is it more likely that he'll:
a) be traded
b) walk out for nothing
or
c) sign a new contract

so ant in your opinion is it more likely that he'll:
a) be traded
b) walk out for nothing
or
c) sign a new contract

If they can get a bit closer with the issues that have prevented any contract signings so far then i would say c.
At the moment the whole thing is up in the air from what i have heard. I doubt that the club would wan't to see him walk for nothing so i would say that some sort of trade would be on the cards if it could be arranged.

Trading 19 and 20 year old blokes isn't the way forward for this club.

He's shown in an injury smashed couple of years that he's got a huge amount of talent and could be a very good AFL player. I would be devastated if they went down the trade option with him.

He's shown in an injury smashed couple of years that he's got a huge amount of talent and could be a very good AFL player. I would be devastated if they went down the trade option with him.
Yep. My exact sentiments. Sign the bloke up lads. A top 20 pick from only 2 years ago should not be let go for free or traded so quickly:mad:

You would prefer to trade players that are in the age range we lack and have shown can actually play.

Apart from the Sydney game what has "Hissy" as you call him, actually shown you for you to say that he has " a huge amount of talent"?

What are these specific qualities you speak of?

You would prefer to trade players that are in the age range we lack and have shown can actually play.

Apart from the Sydney game what has "Hissy" as you call him, actually shown you for you to say that he has " a huge amount of talent"?

What are these specific qualities you speak of?

I think he looked pretty good in the packs on the few occasions he's got a gig. Of course, I have no knowledge about his off-field attitude, apart from the scuttlebutt you hear, so I can make no judgement on that side of things. But he was a talented junior from all accounts, and I thought he looked pretty composed and clean for a youngster in the few opportunities he got. "Huge amount of talent" might be counting your chickens, but he's certainly shown potential IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he looked pretty good in the packs on the few occasions he's got a gig. Of course, I have no knowledge about his off-field attitude, apart from the scuttlebutt you hear, so I can make no judgement on that side of things. But he was a talented junior from all accounts, and I thought he looked pretty composed and clean for a youngster in the few opportunities he got. "Huge amount of talent" might be counting your chickens, but he's certainly shown potential IMO

Agreed Lance

He is way over hyped. His was reasonably good during the champs but he was never the super star he was pumped up to be. He got a lot of attention becasue he crashed into packs and other kids got out of the way. His disposal has never been great.
Since coming to us he has found that crashing in hard does not give the same results as in the under 18's. All it has given him is injuries and suspensions.
He goes ok but in all his Bendigo games and AFL games i can only remember three where i walked away and though he played extremely well. On top of this i have been told his attitude is a bit of a problem.
Not sold on him at all.

Still no contract signed, and cant be traded.

Starting to worry about where we sit on this one, if he walks now he walks for free.

Lets hope that a contract (even if its just 1 year) gets signed real soon

Still no contract signed, and cant be traded.

Starting to worry about where we sit on this one, if he walks now he walks for free.

Lets hope that a contract (even if its just 1 year) gets signed real soon

Says who ?

Very dissapointed.
I think he should of been contracted for another year..
has potential and I wish him all the best for the future. :thumbsu:

http://nwtasmania.yourguide.com.au/...ooted-out-as-bombers-clean-house/1342014.aspx

Hislop booted out as Bombers clean house
FOOTBALL BY JONATHAN MALLINSON
24/10/2008 9:48:00 AM
ANOTHER local football talent has felt the pain of being delisted by an AFL club.

Former Burnie boy and Burnie Docker Tom Hislop was delisted from the Essendon Football Club on Wednesday, but is keeping quiet on his future plans.

In recent years there has been a string of young Coastal boys not able to handle the intensity of playing AFL full-time, resulting in them being delisted.

These include Andrew Hill, Jesse Wells, Andrew Lee, Barry Brooks and Luke Shackleton.

Hislop, during his time at the club, had issues with discipline and behaviour.

He was suspended from playing any pre-season matches in 2008 due to an alcohol-related incident that caused him to miss a 10am training session.

This combined with injuries to his wrist, hip, shoulder and groin and only playing four games for the whole 2008 home and away season didn't help his bid to stay with the club.

At the end of the 2008 season, clubs were eager to delist any under-developed talent to make room for young draftees on their lists before the Gold Coast franchise enters the fray in next year's national draft.

Taken at pick 20 in the 2006 national draft, Hislop was a hard in-and-under player playing off half-back.

Hislop is still undecided on where his future will lie next season and the club would not comment on the reasons for his delisting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back