Retired 36. Bradley Hartman (2013- 2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MURRAY Bridge teenager Brad Hartman has leaped into AFL draft contention.

Hartman capped off a stellar football season with excellent State screening results ahead of the AFL's 2012 national draft.
The Sturt under 18 footballer - from Ramblers - impressed with the highest vertical leap, at 83 centimetres, and highest running vertical leap with 95cm.
And if that wasnot enough, he also took out top spot in the agility course, with 8.15 seconds - the best of any attendee.
The 188-centimetre tall full-forward said he surprised himself at the State screening.
"I was surprised with the agility ... I knew I could do okay with the jumping but was surprised with my results."
Hartman's season included an SANFL under 18 Macca's Cup most valuable player nomination in round 22, in a game that saw him amass an outstanding 34 possessions and kick eight goals and five points, playing from full forward and swapping on to the ball.
In the amazing performance, Hartman also recorded seven inside 50 entries and was the dominant player on the ground, whether in front of goals or on the ball.
Hartman proved he could back up the form, kicking five goals and getting 25 or more possessions in each of the next two rounds.
The 17-year-old (18 next month) finished third in the SANFL under 18 McCallum/ Tomkins medal count with 15 votes and was second in the league's goal kicking.
He also played two reserves games with Sturt.
SANFL high performance manager and State under 18 coach Brenton Phillips said he was impressed by Hartman's form, particularly in the second half of the season.
"I've seen a lot of him play and there has been massive improvement in the latter part of the season and he had a good finals series and has put himself in contention to be drafted," he said.
"He has uncanny skills, and the way he reads the ball is brilliant."
At the start of the year, Hartman said he did not think he would be in a position to get drafted.
"I had a bit of a slow start, but then I changed my attitude and rolled on from there," he said.
"It (the season) developed into something - I got my confidence up and it started ticking along."

Hartman, also a talented basketballer, said other sports were on hold for the time being.
"Basketball has taken a big back seat, I played by first game in six months recently," he said.
In what would be music to Ramblers' fans ears, Hartman said if a career at a higher level, be it AFL or SANFL, did not eventuate, he would one day return to the Roosters

aa5c1745-91a6-4310-a1d9-1bcdffba0fe3.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion, but I know a little bit about him. Very athletic, has springs for legs. Good kid as well, should fit well at Geelong.

EDIT: Forgot to add, he just has that X factor about him. I'd imagine he'd be loving the fact that he gets to learn off Stevie J, I can see him being a similar type of player.

MURRAY Bridge teenager Brad Hartman has leaped into AFL draft contention.

Hartman capped off a stellar football season with excellent State screening results ahead of the AFL's 2012 national draft.
The Sturt under 18 footballer - from Ramblers - impressed with the highest vertical leap, at 83 centimetres, and highest running vertical leap with 95cm.
And if that wasnot enough, he also took out top spot in the agility course, with 8.15 seconds - the best of any attendee.
The 188-centimetre tall full-forward said he surprised himself at the State screening.
"I was surprised with the agility ... I knew I could do okay with the jumping but was surprised with my results."
Hartman's season included an SANFL under 18 Macca's Cup most valuable player nomination in round 22, in a game that saw him amass an outstanding 34 possessions and kick eight goals and five points, playing from full forward and swapping on to the ball.
In the amazing performance, Hartman also recorded seven inside 50 entries and was the dominant player on the ground, whether in front of goals or on the ball.
Hartman proved he could back up the form, kicking five goals and getting 25 or more possessions in each of the next two rounds.
The 17-year-old (18 next month) finished third in the SANFL under 18 McCallum/ Tomkins medal count with 15 votes and was second in the league's goal kicking.
He also played two reserves games with Sturt.
SANFL high performance manager and State under 18 coach Brenton Phillips said he was impressed by Hartman's form, particularly in the second half of the season.
"I've seen a lot of him play and there has been massive improvement in the latter part of the season and he had a good finals series and has put himself in contention to be drafted," he said.
"He has uncanny skills, and the way he reads the ball is brilliant."
At the start of the year, Hartman said he did not think he would be in a position to get drafted.
"I had a bit of a slow start, but then I changed my attitude and rolled on from there," he said.
"It (the season) developed into something - I got my confidence up and it started ticking along."

Hartman, also a talented basketballer, said other sports were on hold for the time being.
"Basketball has taken a big back seat, I played by first game in six months recently," he said.
In what would be music to Ramblers' fans ears, Hartman said if a career at a higher level, be it AFL or SANFL, did not eventuate, he would one day return to the Roosters

Sounds like a typical Wells pick, plenty of upside it seems and a youngen to boot. Will watch with interest. :thumbsu:

Sturt U18s he played for i'm 99% sure.

Looks like a sleeper who will need a few years. Great athletic talent though.

Wellsy, the bete noir of the AFL's draft tracker.

Like the pick though, although hard to see where he fits in. Beginning to develop a glut of forwards who can rotate into midfield.

Is this him in this video dunking basketballs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back