DSC00705_1.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 5
Goals - 3
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10

Date of Birth - 27th February 1982
Recruited Pick 71 2001 draft.
Height/Weight: 195cm, 104kg
Dreamteam Price: 258 points; $276,800 (-$137,500)
Supercoach: 294 points; $338,800 (-$169,900)

Stats history: Brian Lake (AFL Tables)

A horror season where everything possible went wrong is he only way to describe Lake's 2011 season. Over the preseason Lake under went 3 serious surgeries with his knee, hip and shoulder that required an extensive rehab and severely limited his preseason.

Just 3 games into his season he was sent back to Williamstown in order to find form and recapture his ability to contest despite his wishes to not play and just train as he felt his body was not up to playing at that stage. Coming back for a further 2 AFL games that ended with a horror game against Geelong where nothing went right until a last quarter 3 goals that fell his way when sent forward after the game was lost.

He ended the season with the tabloid footy media reporting he is likely to be traded out of the western bulldogs, but western buldogs coach and administartion wanted nothing to do with trading out their full back star and he remains at the bulldogs with a further 2 years on contract.

As is the way with great players in australian sport, supporters and media are quick to want to right them off after a bad run but with a decent preseaon the 2 time all australian has the ability to get back to his best and again be the premier full back of the competition.

Notable Games:

The fact nothing is in this section says a lot.

Lake, officially still in the rehab group recovering from knee surgery, joined teammates for part of their running session at Whitten Oval today.

"His improvement in his running gait is remarkable,'' Montgomery said after training.

"There was a massive limp there last year, he's improved on that, he's another one that has had no setbacks to date, so that, as a coaching group, we're happy with.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ulldogs-training/story-e6frf9jf-1226210192041

Bit of a fluff piece however it's good to hear positive things about Brian again. :thumbsu:

"When you see Brian, and even Coons as well, come back out on the track it does lift the group," King said."When they're fit and fresh they're obviously class players, so you do notice their presence.

"I'm not sure how advanced Brian is in terms of playing in the next couple of weeks, but to see him out there and completing the whole session is a massive boost and it will be awesome for us as a club if he's up and about again

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...oney-on-the-mend/story-e6frf9jf-1226266101724

Re: Lake's return in doubt

Should we be concerned that he's fronting a media conference this morning about it?

The media conference was pre-planned, so nothing to do with injuring it today.

Sounds like Lake is ok and Marko also copped a whack, this on top of all the other injuries at other clubs in the last week....what is going on!!

Clubs seem to be training with so much more intensity this year. Lots of major and minor injuries coming from all clubs in training sessions. The smart clubs might start to pull their heads in a bit and reduce the chance of injury.

Lake says he may not be ready for rd 1 and I have said all along there should be no rush this year! Cooney the same.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/129863/default.aspx

An un-interrupted pre-season and a new mentoring role has breathed new life into Western Bulldogs defender Brian Lake, with the 30 year-old looking forward to once again cementing his place in the Club’s senior line-up.
After a horror 2011 Season with injuries where he claims “everything possible that went wrong did” Lake’s confidence has been buoyed by a preseason with no major setbacks.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/129863/default.aspx

Brian's back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not but it seems like a long long time ago that he was dominating in the backline for us. Get you a little bit excited to see him bouncing on the balls of his feet during the interview saying that he can now sprint and change direction again.

I think they are actually listening to Brian now and are prepared to hold him back at the start of the season.. If I was to see him come back round 4 or 5 then I would be more then happy as long as he comes in ready to go :) I think the GWS game would be the most suitable time to bring him back in :p

He looked horrendous out there on sunday please tell me he will come out and get a 100+ dream team score!

Im with you!! I need him to start scoring!

I think he will do alot better against Adelaid he had cox or Nat Nui but leave him in over the next 4 rounds he should step up a level.

After the WCE game Macca referred to a number of senior players who played but are still working towards full match fitness after recovering from injury. I'm guessing they include Cooney, Lake and Hargrave.

Whatever Lake did on Sunday he will continue to improve on over the next 5-6 weeks.

Anyone got any guesses to how many weeks Lake could get for his reckless whack?

Could be at least 1, We'll have to wait for the MRP

1 week even if same as Scarlett Intentional, High and Medium gets 3 weeks with early guilty plea and clean record discount it comes down to 1 and 60 or so carry over points. Remember Scarlett had bad record loading and carry over points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back