Past #36: Joel Crocker - delisted after being selected w/ #69 in 2018 ND - thanks Crock

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't going anywhere based on GB's comments. We aren't just going to dump a father-son prospect after two years. He'll be afforded more time than most.

Who?

2 years at the club now. You'd suspect the medico's have him cherry right for a massive 2021. You'd suspect he's bulked right up as well. Can anyone confirm?

Very very very stiff. Wonder how his old man is feeling about this?

When we picked him we knew due to his build that he was going to be a slower burn. To be turfed after 2 years is ruthless considering his talent.

I hope you ply your trade in the state leagues and get another crack in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy the clubs not playing favourites with father-sons.
The favouritism played with Luke when he was drafted hurt his development, but he came good thanks to Rhyce.
Just pray cutting Joel doesn't come back to hurt us.

Im happy the clubs not playing favourites with father-sons.
The favouritism played with Luke when he was drafted hurt his development, but he came good thanks to Rhyce.
Just pray cutting Joel doesn't come back to hurt us.
I don't think it will.

From what I have seen of him (multiple training sessions, a couple of practice matches & VFL games) Joel has a good footy brain, neat skills and guts for weeks. However he is just too slow, and not athletic enough for AFL level. He could have a decent VFL or ammos career, but i highly doubt another AFL club will pick him up.

Not necessarily.
Righto.
You’re not getting a contract next year.
Oh yeah, & here’s a rookie contract for you.

I get that some people get moved to the rookie list, but these guys have all been told they’re not going to be at the club next year.

Righto.

I get that some people get moved to the rookie list, but these guys have all been told they’re not going to be at the club next year.

We just have to wait and see.

Because as far as I can tell, McGuinness is still on the list and he was just as equally in the same boat as Crocker on development rate, and if the cutting isn't done, he's easily next on the chopping block if Crocker can't get a single game at North, a side that is relying on youth to go forward.

Righto.

Fair point, but perhaps there's some wriggle room between what each of the 11 were told individually, and what the public was told collectively?

We just have to wait and see.

Because as far as I can tell, McGuinness is still on the list and he was just as equally in the same boat as Crocker on development rate, and if the cutting isn't done, he's easily next on the chopping block if Crocker can't get a single game at North, a side that is relying on youth to go forward.
Maybe Rawlings just doesn’t think Crocker is any good & he rates McGuinness?

Do clubs know list sizes yet? Kind of hard for list managers right now if they don’t know how many spots they’ve got to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back