AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is what he gives at half back is still better than the other options despite it being well under what he can give further up the ground.
I don't think it would hurt if we tried Roberts there. He has similar defensive issues but he's aggressive with his kicking and as a leftie it opens up the play more.

I don't think it would hurt if we tried Roberts there. He has similar defensive issues but he's aggressive with his kicking and as a leftie it opens up the play more.
They should now but given we have been in the top 4 for most of the season you can see why they have not changed it up much selection wise. From what I understand Roberts has had issues with the defensive role in match sim on and off so he has been more on the fringe of selection.

Is in the Top 5 of Champion Data's best kicks/delivery inside 50 but is being played as a defender

SAYS IT ALL ABOUT US REALLY
That stat is really of a result of him playing half back and being used to attack off half back. It is for this year.
He should end up back on a wing but personally I do not think half back has hurt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this guy, and I love what he’s doing off half back and pushing up the ground. Why change something that is working? He’d be top 3 in our BnF without a doubt in this current role.

I love this guy, and I love what he’s doing off half back and pushing up the ground. Why change something that is working? He’d be top 3 in our BnF without a doubt in this current role.

because it’s not working as well as him playing wing was last season where he kicked >20 goals on a bad side.

Also he and Redman don’t work that well together and Redman can do what Martin does off HB just as well.

So right now we’re giving up maybe 15 goals a season to have Marto steal Reddog’s chips

because it’s not working as well as him playing wing was last season where he kicked >20 goals on a bad side.

Also he and Redman don’t work that well together and Redman can do what Martin does off HB just as well.

So right now we’re giving up maybe 15 goals a season to have Marto steal Reddog’s chips
He didn’t kick 20+ goals last year and besides he’s had the same amount of scoring shots as last year off three less games. I like him in the front half more but he’s proven to be effective in multiple roles, should play wherever he’s needed most at any point in time.

Kicked 17 goals last year and has 11 this year off half back with 3 games to go. Has 10 more inside 50’s this year compared to his final tally last year as well.

Redman has still been good this year but Marto offers more in that role. Duursma has one wing locked away and I haven’t minded Jones, Cox and even Roberts floating through the other side to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back