Preview Round 11: Sir Doug Nicholls Round, Dreamtime at the G - Richmond Tigers vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 25th May, 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting how they see the Laverde vs Reid debate and whether its complicated by Ridley and maybe even Cox being in the side

Clearly favoured Reid over Lav heading into the season but i think sitting 2nd and with Lav going pretty well they will be hesitant to make that call until form shifts

Also think our fans may be getting ahead of ourselves a little bit of how good/not good we are, so i suspect a loss is only around the corner and changes will be made

Yeah it will be - Caddy for Jones is the easy one.

I’m tipping Reid will have to wait.

I can’t recall the last time Scott has omitted a senior player. I’ve got a hunch Tsatas and Hobbs might be at risk.

I don’t think the Ridley/Cox changes will be like for like

Well we dont have a forward really ready to come in

With a shuffle or like for like only really H.Jones, Hobbs, Menzie, Tex could replace

HJ - Suspended
Menzie, Hobbs and Tex - out of form

I do find the Nic Martin to forward interesting, do they see that as anything more than an in game lever, it from memory has worked very well both times though
Taking Nic out of the game is not okay. He doesn't get it right all the time but only because he is so aggressive. He's the outside version of Duz

Interesting one because the obvious outs are Hobbs and Tsatas to make way for Ridley and Cox but they may not want to drop two mids (though I realise the ins potentially frees up Redman and Martin to spend some more time in the midfield so maybe a non issue).

Can't wait. I'm not overconfident but excited to see what the young players can do.

Be interesting how they see the Laverde vs Reid debate and whether its complicated by Ridley and maybe even Cox being in the side

Clearly favoured Reid over Lav heading into the season but i think sitting 2nd and with Lav going pretty well they will be hesitant to make that call until form shifts

Also think our fans may be getting ahead of ourselves a little bit of how good/not good we are, so i suspect a loss is only around the corner and changes will be made
Reid will always come in ahead of lavs, if possible

Yeah it will be - Caddy for Jones is the easy one.

I’m tipping Reid will have to wait.

I can’t recall the last time Scott has omitted a senior player. I’ve got a hunch Tsatas and Hobbs might be at risk.

I don’t think the Ridley/Cox changes will be like for like
Half right. One young bloke and one senior bloke.:cool:

Warm feeling selections. Davey had to get a dreamtime nod. First time for the year going to the game CEW. (completely expecting win) Now just watch that come to grief. They beat Sydney after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough on Shiel. Poor choice as sub last week after such a long layoff. Very hard to get into the pace from sub.

Agree in dropping him, he was just on a hiding to nothing. Needs to get a full game at some point.
He hasn't been all that great in the VFL. Would rather Tsatas in than Shiel but hard to find someone to leave out with the exception of Davey but they can't do that either for Dreamtime.

Wonder if Stringer will see more midfield action this week. Without Parish and Setterfield, and with Hobbs dropped, places a lot pressure on Durham and Caldwell (notwithstanding how good they've been this year).
Hobbs is listed on the bench. Did you mean Tsatas?

Half right. One young bloke and one senior bloke.:cool:

Massive leaving Shiel out - in hindsight the changes look kind of obvious. Tsatas a bit stiff, but if he’s not getting mid time he may as well be getting it in the 2’s.

Shiel will fight his way back in in the second half of the year I think/hope

Yep like the changes. How un Essendon. Our bottom six guys are becoming very solid all of a sudden.

Ridley is going to make our defence really effing good now.

Goldy is a beast if he's saying he's good to just keep playing to the bye. Pretty good position having a third ruck knocking down the door but can't get in.

Still need to beat a top team or two before any talk of lids coming off.

Why do you think hobbs deserves a spot more than tsatas in Scott's mind?

Hobbs worse last week and down on from, what's the knock on tsatas at the moment.

I prefer if bring a young player in keep them in for 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back