Retired 38. Ciarán Byrne - Officially Retires as at 15th October

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he makes a decision that he is happy with and won't have any regrets.

Wasn't his biggest fan but the effort was always there and it is never good when well liked people walk away from your club.

We're much better off with a committed Casey than without him. Maaaate we know you read this... Just get it together and get back here. Life's not full of chances to make some awesome memories and great cash which can set up your future. You're about to hit your straps too - it would be a real shame. Gussy regretted not seeing it through the first time and gave it another go but it had already passed by.

Casey, give it one final crack mate. What have you got to lose from giving it a go for one more year? Enjoy the off season, extend your break so you can really feel like you’ve been home... then fly back over and leave nothing behind.

Guessing he is watching who we recruit trade for, after 2018's season how many would front up for more of that...

I hope Byrne comes to the decision we all want and puts personal requirements aside. #shelfish

Seems we face something horrific pre-season each year.

Good luck to Casey if he does decide to stay home.

He could still play gaelic footy when he gets to 28 or 29 but if he realises he has made the wrong decision it would be a long way back to play AFL again.

Plus I don't think he will be walking in to a $200k job back home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Byrne long term injury sustained playing Gaelic this weekend

Is that true or did I miss a humorous reference somewhere? Never can tell in this thread.

So I guess that's the last we see of him then

Unless he decides to honour his contract and get us to pay for his surgery. Reckon I might call time if that's the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired 38. Ciarán Byrne - Officially Retires as at 15th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Back