Player Watch #38 Harry Arnold

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly sure Arnold is the second ever Mackay player drafted into the AFL after David Armitage in 2006. Believe he's also the second Queenslander on your list after Tom Hickey, if I'm not mistaken.

Kurt Tippett? I'm sure there must be others too.

Correction: just realised you mean currently. In that case, yes, I think so.

Seems like he has worked hard for a few years and appreciates getting the opportunity to be on an AFL list. Hopefully he gets a game at some stage.

Liked that he was looking to learn off and presumably form combinations with our other defenders. Also trying to provide a bit of experience for the younger guys in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comes across as well spoken, intelligent, grounded and promising debut last weekend, what's not to like. :)
Agree.

Hope Foxy spends some time with him as another (now ex) Chalky.*

* Chalky refers to a teacher. For Nuggetz and other young scamps.

Yeah. Was that the Sydney Swans? Might just be a little cheeky or cute on his part.
In the interest of sharing factual information, unfortunately he was not a Sydney Swans supporter as a child. Here is a post from the AFL Mackay FB page in 2016 (when he was 16) and he reveals he was a supporter of both the Suns and Lions in his younger years. The Swans images are from his local Mackay club known as the Eastern Swans.

In the interest of sharing factual information, unfortunately he was not a Sydney Swans supporter as a child. Here is a post from the AFL Mackay FB page in 2016 (when he was 16) and he reveals he was a supporter of both the Suns and Lions in his younger years. The Swans images are from his local Mackay club known as the Eastern Swans.

That's it, I'm rioting!

Love hearing this about Harry

Truslove… had special praise for defender Harry Arnold.

In his second game back from a back injury sustained in the pre-season, Truslove spoke highly about Arnold’s off-field growth that he is now bringing into his game.

“One thing Harry does really well is he's team first,” Truslove said.

“His form will continue to improve as he plays more footy, but he's all about ‘team’ and his communication. Connection on the ground with his teammates is excellent.

“When he was injured, he was helping with the coaching so he has learned a lot in that space.

I think he's taken that onto the field and been a strong leader for us.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Harry Arnold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back